[WC 2006] Official Injuries Thread (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Thanks to Stephan's idea, I'm starting an official WC 2006 thread to discuss player injuries... at least other than in the team threads, etc.

Cisse... out
Ballack... hmmm
Rooney... back?
...etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Isaksson blow for Sweden
Thursday Jun 08 2006 15:29
Sweden will begin their World Cup finals campaign against Trinidad & Tobago without first choice goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson.

The Rennes custodian suffered concussion when he was hit in the face by a shot from Kim Kallstrom during training on Wednesday and doctors have told him he will not be able to play in Saturday's Group B clash in Dortmund.

Isaksson will be sidelined for up to five days by the problem, but is expected to be fit to face Paraguay and England.

The 24-year-old's absence has presented coach Lars Lagerback with a major problem as his other goalkeepers have just two caps between them.

Ex-Arsenal reserve Rami Shaaban made his Sweden debut as a substitute in a friendly against Finland last month, while Viborg's John Alvbage made his only international appearance in a goalless draw against Jordan in January.
---
a big lost for sweden i would say. solid goalkeeper.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Deco was out today with a thigh problem during training.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Walcott injury places further pressure on Sven

England's striking options have been further hit after Theo Walcott suffered a calf injury.

The 17-year-old limped out of training after suffering a kick on the calf but is expected to return ahead of the Trinidad and Tobago match on Thursday.

With Michael Owen clearly not match fit and Wayne Rooney still recovering from his metatarsal injury, manager Sven-Goran Eriksson will be desperate to avoid any further complications with his forward line.
    With Peter Crouch England's only fully-fit senior striker and on a yellow card it is essential the young Gunner remains injury free should Eriksson look to back up his selection gamble by fielding the teenager.
    The England boss claimed he considered replacing Owen with Walcott in the narrow 1-0 win against Paraguay.
    Eriksson said: 'We thought about it, but it was the first game in the World Cup. Let's have more training, let's go on with the World Cup a little bit.
    'I think it is a big responsibility to start or to come on in the first game of the World Cup.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=370810&cc=5901

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Koller injury "serious"

Eurosport - Ian Holyman - 12/06/2006 20:49
    More stories
    Video: Red card frenzy
    Rosicky and Czechs roll over USACzech Republic striker Jan Koller's World Cup could be over after he picked up a "serious" injury in his country's 3-0 win over the USA on Monday. Koller - who opened the scoring just five minutes in - pulled up in the 43rd-minute clutching his right hamstring, before being stretchered off.

"Unfortunately his injury is very serious," coach Karel Brueckner told reporters. "It is the only negative thing from today's match."

"It's probably a thigh muscle," said Brueckner, who would not be drawn on Koller's future participation. "He was in good shape and this is really bad luck," Brueckner added.

Tomas Rosicky - who scored twice - said: "We may have lost Koller and that makes this game tough to take".

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    axlrose85 said:
    koller is expected to be back for the quarters.and baros is in danger of missing the entire tournament.latest tests reveal that he has fluid in his foot.
    I think I have that too. My foot is hurting like a bitch :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)