Help me make a World Cup quiz (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I've been asked to put together a 10-question World Cup quiz, but I'm feeling extremely lazy at the moment so I thought I'd ask you guys...

Basically the 'audience' ranges from 'once every 4 years' fans to people with a decent knowledge of football. I don't want to set the questions so that only the football fanatics will know the answers, but I also don't want to make them so easy that they're no-brainers for anyone with a decent knowledge... I don't know if it's possible to achieve such a balance, but here's hoping...

The questions can ask about anything from the upcoming World Cup, or Korea/Japan 2002.

Thanks in advance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
heres a start

What was the fastest goal in a WC Final: 1974 Holland vs Germany

Who are the only WC Winners who have failed to qualify 2 this years WC?
Uruguay

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Stripper said:
    heres a start
    What was the fastest goal in a WC Final: 1974 Holland vs Germany

gray said:
    I don't want to set the questions so that only the football fanatics will know the answers
    gray said:
    The questions can ask about anything from the upcoming World Cup, or Korea/Japan 2002.

Thanks for your help, but I think your question's a tad too bloody difficult :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    "Brazil are the clear favourites for the title in Germany this summer. But at what position did they finish in the South American qualification group?" (first, trick question :D)

"Name the country that failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1974" (Belgium)

"How many Dutch coaches will be leading participating teams during the upcoming World Cup?" (4: Marco van Basten - Netherlands, Guus Hiddink - Australia, Dick Advocaat - South Korea, Leo Beenhakker - Trinidad & Tobago)

"Italy are paired in their group with the United States of America, the Czech Republic and which other nation?" (Ghana)

"Which German city will host the final game?" (Berlin)

"Which Germany stadium previously carrying the name of an insurance company had to change its name for the World Cup due to strict FIFA sponsorship rules?" (Allianz Arena, Munich)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Thanks Erik, those are awesome :thumbs:

In fact, I may well use all of them :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Which Colombian national team player got shot in a bar fight, supposedly started because of his own goal in the WC of '94?

Come on, you can't have a quiz without Escobar :D

EDIT: they shot another one yesterday :D

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Who is the most capped world cup player (Lothar Matthaus)

Who has scored the most goals overall ( Gerd Muller)

Who has scored the most in 1 tournament (Just Fontaine)

Which 3 players share Italy's highest goal scorer tag ( Rossi, Baggio and Vieri)

Who scored the fastest goal in the wc (hakan Suker)

Whats the highest goal margin win in world cup (Hungary 10 El Salvador 1)
    Who is the only player to play in 3 consecutive wc finals (Cafu)
    Who is the only player to score a hattrick in wc final (Geoff Hurst)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Erik said:
    "Brazil are the clear favourites for the title in Germany this summer. But at what position did they finish in the South American qualification group?" (first, trick question :D)
    Thats not a trick question as they came first or second to Argentina, they had to qualify as defending champs, well actually that should been a quiz question as which was the first team to play qualifiers as defending champs?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    denco said:
    Thats not a trick question as they came first or second to Argentina, they had to qualify as defending champs, well actually that should been a quiz question as which was the first team to play qualifiers as defending champs?
    I was under the impression they finished first on behalf of their better goal scoring stats:

Code:
                            G    Pts        F                A
    1  	Brazil  	18    34  	35  	-  	17
    2 	Argentina 	18    34 	29 	- 	17

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
    Erik said:
    I was under the impression they finished first on behalf of their better goal scoring stats:

Code:
                            G    Pts        F                A
    1  	Brazil  	18    34  	35  	-  	17
    2 	Argentina 	18    34 	29 	- 	17
    Well, they still finished first. How is it a trick question?, i don't get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)