World Cup Formations Thread (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Speak on the behalf of Lippi, Domenech, Sven, Van Bastan, Dujkovic, Klinsmann, or whoever you want, and forecast the starting XI of whichever nation you support or whichever nation you want. Feel free to discuss.

Bruce Arena seems to love to employ the 4-3-1-2 against stronger sides, and in accord with the fact we will be playing the Czechs and Italy this time around, I suppose we will indeed use this setup. However, I'm not sure a shadow of Bruckner's and Lippi's sides is the right way to proceed. But this is what Bruce Arena will most likely field for the United States against the Czechs on the 12th of June:

Keller

Cherundolo - Onyewu - Pope - Lewis

Reyna - O'Brien (Mastroeni) - Beasley

Donovan

McBride - Wolff (Johnson)

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Ukraine:

Unknown Keeper

XX XX XX XX

XX XX XX XX

xx

Shevchenko

They'll win the cup, mark my words.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Australia:

Schwarzer

Popovic----Moore----Neil

Grilla---Culina

Emerton--------Bresciano

Kewell

Viduka----Thomson

Italia:

Buffon

Oddo----Cannavaro----Nesta----Zambrotta

Camoranesi--Gattuso--De Rossi

Pirlo

Toni---Totti​

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
well... its more of a free role... he can be our key player with his accurate passes... if we restrict him to defensive midfielding then he is no good... using him infront of gattuso and De Rossi will give him a bit more freedom to create chances... he can also use cmoranesi's and Zambrotta's runs along the flanks....

I honestly think that playing Totti behind two strikers is too risky... Totti's defensive skills are not that great.. so i would rather use him as a forword runner or a second stricker if you like, than use him as midfielder who goes back once in a match...

This formation will allow Lippi to make attacking changes without the need of taking off a striker.. De Rossi can go off anytime, and pirlo can fill his space with ease... Totti then can play as an attacking midfielder behind two strickers in that case....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
----------------------Buffon --------------------

Zaccardo---Nesta----Cannavaro--Zambrotta

---Camoranesi-----Pirlo-------De Rossi-------

---------------------Totti-------------------------

-----------------------------------Del Piero------

-----------Toni-----------------------------------

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Holland:

eh, who cares.

Seven, if that formation ever stands on the turf for real I'm buying an Azzurri shirt. Okay so I won't, but I'll think about it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
Holland:

eh, who cares.

Seven, if that formation ever stands on the turf for real I'm buying an Azzurri shirt. Okay so I won't, but I'll think about it.
They have played like that with Del Piero on Totti's place and Gila on Del Piero's. It's the best formation anyway.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Too bad. And I suggest you join a winning team. Make it a fun summer instead of a disillusioning one :D

Seven said:
They have played like that with Del Piero on Totti's place and Gila on Del Piero's. It's the best formation anyway.
When?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Erik said:
Too bad. And I suggest you join a winning team. Make it a fun summer instead of a disillusioning one :D

When?
Ah no, I made another mistake, it was Grosso instead of Zambrotta. They played like this against Germany. But anyway, seeing as Grosso does just the same as Zambrotta, I think Lippi could very well use this mistake.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Erik said:

When?
During qualifications.

About the summer, not that I really care who wins the World Cup, I am just hoping Holland would do for the sake of how will Amsterdam be if the make it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
During qualifications.

About the summer, not that I really care who wins the World Cup, I am just hoping Holland would do for the sake of how will Amsterdam be if the make it.
Exactly the reason I don't want them to win :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
Ah no, I made another mistake, it was Grosso instead of Zambrotta. They played like this against Germany. But anyway, seeing as Grosso does just the same as Zambrotta, I think Lippi could very well use this mistake.
Hm see, suddenly it's a whole lot less exciting. Very Italian.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The Dutch have no hope in their team and the others don't want them to win :depressed

I won't express my feeling for the team anymore. You lots destroyed my enthusiasm.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Jeeks said:
The Dutch have no hope in their team and the others don't want them to win :depressed

I won't express my feeling for the team anymore. You lots destroyed my enthusiasm.
You shouldn't care what others think. And don't mind the Belgians; they're jealous, angry and frustrated because they don't have a country.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Seven said:
----------------------Buffon --------------------

Zaccardo---Nesta----Cannavaro--Zambrotta

---Camoranesi-----Pirlo-------De Rossi-------

---------------------Totti-------------------------

-----------------------------------Del Piero------

-----------Toni-----------------------------------
I think Oddo is better player than Zaccardo, and I'd change Pirlo with Gattuso.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Erik said:
You shouldn't care what others think. And don't mind the Belgians; they're jealous, angry and frustrated because they don't have a country.
Let us say I won't mind the Belgians, I only see negative remarks from you and Dominic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)