morientes joins valencia (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Liverpool have cut their losses on Fernando Morientes and sold the striker to Valencia.

Morientes' Anfield future has been the subject of intense scrutiny in recent weeks following a lacklustre time with The Reds.

His agent appeared to intimate earlier this week that the 30-year-old would see out the remaining two years on his contract with the Premiership club.

But Liverpool have now agreed to sell Morientes to Valencia for an undisclosed fee, after the forward was also linked with Real Betis and Espanyol.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez splashed out £6.3 million to bring Morientes to Merseyside from Real Madrid in January 2005.

Morientes, though, failed to provide a significant return on the investment as he mustered just 12 goals in 61 appearances.

He struggled to adjust to the demands of Premiership football and has now returned to La Liga, where he forged a reputation as one of the most consistent goalscorers in the European game.

The length of Morientes' contract has yet to be revealed and the move will be a boost to the player, who missed out on Spain's World Cup squad.

His last appearance for Liverpool was in the FA Cup final when he came on as a substitute in the penalty shoot-out success over West Ham United.

sky sports

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=390034&CPID=23&clid=191&lid=2&title=Morientes+joins+Valencia
--
i think this move is not good for valencia. i dont hate him, but his not a player who should start for current valencia. But the news says he leaves because he didnt get enough playing time, so ??? I dont see him fit to valencia, his not a bad player but valencia has just started to rise from their slump period and now i think he will just mess things up. should have looked for a younger player.

anyway valencia doesnt have good memorys with morientes, he played a big part in the CL final for real against valencia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I dont think Valencia signed Morientes for him to start in the line up, lets remember that Valencia only plays with one striker, and that striker is Villa, I think Morientes will be his sub. and he migth play in Champions Legue or some games to rest Villa.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Badass Devil said:
ill still always rate mista higher than morientes
But you have to understand that at the moment Mista is been used as an atacking midfielder and not as a striker, Valencia need it a frodward to use him as a sub for Villa, cause last season Kluivert was his sub and he was crap.

So out goes Kluivert and now comes Morientes.

I think is a good move for Valencia, it gives them more depth.

Revan

May 24, 2006
not a bad move overall. valencia get depth, pool cut losses. morientes really sucked at pool. though i think he's a good striker, he won't start at valencia. villa is untouchable, and rightly so, plus there is mista who is excellent plus consistent. morientes is probably just a direct sub for villa, in case of injury or such. good move by valencia, hope to see them back to top of the game soon.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I heard Liverpool were asking for Di Vaio as part of the deal... Would he fit well in Liverpool? I dont know but I do believe he is very under-rated

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
After leaving Real Madrid because he didn't want to be Ronaldo's sub he leaves to Liverpool, and now leaves for Valencia to be Villa's sub?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)