Who do you think will win the World Cup? (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
ok guys, I am looking for-

1) Your favorite to win

2) If your favorite doesnt win, then who would you pick to win next

3) Your darkhorse to win ( a team that may surprise everyone and win ala Greece from Euro 2004)

give some reasons as well !!

here's mine...

1) Italy- the last time Italy played attacking football at a WC was in 1982, and this will be their year !!

2) Brazil- for obvious reasons....although I think their weakness is in defense

3) England- they've been waiting a long time, and they have the squad to do it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
1) Your favorite to win:
Italy! And of course I am always rooting for my own country as well.

2) If your favorite doesnt win, then who would you pick to win next
I think Brazil will win it, not Italy. Brazil is constantly good and they're very strong.

3) Your darkhorse to win ( a team that may surprise everyone and win ala Greece from Euro 2004)
France! But only because I am biased toward Zidane. ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Are we picking our personal favorites to win, or the ones whom we think will win? Those are two different questions for me.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It seems so obvious now that you put it that way, DB. :)

1) Portugal. Perennial losers and underachievers on the global football stage. But hey, it could be worse -- they could be Spain. :doh: Solid midfield, good defense, and question marks in goal and attack. Big Phil seems like he's trying to live in the past with his picks for '06. Maybe the Portugal U-21 NT will prove that they had their priorities wrong for some of their best young players.

Catch 'em now before Mourinho takes them over and we're all sick of this squad and all of Quaresma's trophies. ;)

2) Brazil is always a favorite. Are they as strong as ever? When they want to be. They fiddled with the last Confed Cup until suddenly deciding to use the nuclear option against rival Argentina in the final. Where did that come from? This is a squad that could either dazzle or fizzle spectacularly. Odds are that more of the former will show up.

3) Darkhorse? Probably not one to win it all, but one to go far and eliminate some favorites. For that I have to look towards Africa. Côte d'Ivoire isn't on everyone's lips, but they have some serious king-killer potential this year.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
cote d'ivoire? all african teams will leave in the first round...

1) to win it: Argentina

2) england winning the WC in germany would be monumental but their schedule is actually really tough and the rooney injury jusst sealed their coffin. i think Italians will have something to prove after not only their press but the whole world sees them as antagonists now. So my 2nd pick is Italy.

3) the dark horse for me is Germany. No one really expects them to do anything but If the germans can beat the argentinians in the quarter final all bets are off.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
1) I want Holland to win because I will be in Holland during the World Cup and the feeling of celebrating with the nation that won the cup in that nation is something to remember.

2) If not Holland, I think England have the most complete squad (if Rooney returns) and all the means to go all the way and get the title.

3) As for the dark horse, it can be anyone but I am choosing Sweden. I am sure our fumble, Zlatan, will show a great display in the cup.

Of course I would be cheering for the African teams for their culture, music and fans. I will be cheering for the US team because it is a good football team and resembles how a football team should be in my books.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Altair said:
cote d'ivoire? all african teams will leave in the first round...

1) to win it: Argentina

2) england winning the WC in germany would be monumental but their schedule is actually really tough and the rooney injury jusst sealed their coffin. i think Italians will have something to prove after not only their press but the whole world sees them as antagonists now. So my 2nd pick is Italy.

3) the dark horse for me is Germany. No one really expects them to do anything but If the germans can beat the argentinians in the quarter final all bets are off.
Let me get this straight. You're calling Germany your dark horse?

Going out on a limb I see. Unexpected and outrageous... Especially since it's been like, what, two whole World Cups since the last home squad won? And given how many WCs Germany has never won before... Greece for Euro 2004, followed by Germany for the WC in 2006? What's this world coming to? ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I couldn't care less about me getting warned, but one has to admit that Vinman's excessive foul language should be punished. This is ridiculous FFS.

Tabak

May 20, 2006
:agree: 1) Italy - they finally have good squad and the best Lippi

:disagree: 2) Brazil, Argentina and Holland surely won't win this championship

:pumpkin: 3) Croatia & Mexico

NFL16

Nov 28, 2005
1) how bout aussie winning it, im 1/2 australian :)

2) cannavaro lifting the trophy, italy is my real pick

3) ukraine, they should get out of the group and who knows what can happen from there, sheva could be the best player in germany

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Italy....with Lippi i think the azzuri will go a long way.
Germany...with some luck, Manschaft could win the title...its gonna be hard though
Ukraine...i feel they will be a tough team
&
Iran....i think they will surprise everyone, but they wont win it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)