Official: Shevchenko to leave Milan (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Berlusconi: Sheva keen on England

Eurosport - 12/05/2006

Milan's Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko wants to leave the Serie A club and move to England, club owner Silvio Berlusconi said on Friday. Shevchenko has been linked with a move to big-spending Chelsea in recent seasons.

"He wants to leave. He wants to go to England," Berlusconi, who is Italy's outgoing Prime Minister, told a group of students in front of the prime minister's office.

Shevchenko recently held a meeting with Berlusconi at his residence. The Champions League top scorer and Milan had previously claimed that he would never leave the San Siro for the West London outfit, but it seems that a move may be in discussion.

The former European Footballer of the Year joined Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999.

---
a month before sheva told this: "In football, you can never predict what can happen. But my wish would be to stay with Milan for life".
---

in another article he says its family reasons. or is he afraid to be playing in seria b also? :p

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Milan prepare Sheva future Saturday 13 May, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlo Ancelotti and Adriano Galliani aren’t ready to sell Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea, but say they’ll survive if he goes.

“Milan have never sold a player to make money. Shevchenko has three years left on his contract and, as far as we are concerned, he’ll stay here. However, if he hands in an official transfer request, which he has not yet done, then we’ll deal with the problem when it arises,” explained vice-President Galliani.

Shevchenko shocked fans yesterday when he confirmed he was thinking about leaving the Rossoneri for Chelsea, insisting it was “not a financial issue, but to do with my family.”

Now the club must decide which action to take with a player who has been one of the hottest properties on the transfer market for several years.

“We turned down an offer of £70m a few seasons ago, because before going for Zinedine Zidane, they wanted to sign Shevchenko,” added Galliani in a clear reference to Real Madrid’s record-breaking £48m capture of the Frenchman.

“For the past two years Peter Kenyon and Roman Abramovich have knocked on my door to ask for Sheva and we always turn them away. We don’t need Chelsea’s money and have never sold players purely for cash. Right now it’s only been discussed and I still hope he won’t actually leave, as then we’d have to find an alternative up to his standard.”

The Italian newspapers have scoured Europe for potential replacements and come up with two names: Samuel Eto’o of Barcelona – who is also Chelsea’s second choice if they cannot sign Shevchenko – and Thierry Henry of Arsenal. A third contender is Manchester United’s want away hitman Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

“Shevchenko expressed this desire to go elsewhere and the club is evaluating all the options,” chimed in Coach Ancelotti this afternoon.

“It’s not mandatory to allow players to leave just because they want to. It’s a family issue and therefore we should respect his choices, within limits. There is some sadness here, as we’ve spent some wonderful years together and he has always had a great rapport with his teammates.”

However, Ancelotti is not quaking in his boots at the idea of facing a future at San Siro without their star striker.

“If Shevchenko confirms his desire to leave this great club, then another world class player will arrive in his place. We want him to be happy, but there have to be the right conditions to achieve that first.”

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    eto`o to milan? hm, why not torres instead. though his linked with arsenal also.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I think Henry will be the one to come to Milan. Eto'o scoring 20+ goals for Barcelona will stay with the Catalans.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    Sheva's annoucement came BEFORE the inquiry stating Milan is being investigated....so it does not have to do with the investigations although an announcement tomorrow will clear Milan from the scandal...the games in question or some in which Milan received BAD CALLS and they are the only team to come out and outright deny accusations unlike Juve which everyone involved quit and the other clubs that have not said a word.

On to Sheva: 99 % he will leave....he is 30 and feels he wants to experience another league and culture...so be it...this will have negative repurcussions on both parties: Milan will find it very hard to get another player like him that constantly scores for 7 years and is a perfect fit while Sheva may find that life in the Premiership is not as an easy fit as Italy...anyhow its sad and its devastating but Milan a) never sell players for money and b) will only sell him if HE requests a transfer which based on his statement yesterday suggests he wants to move on..
    at least Milan will get some money for him...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    And the money they get will be spent on Henry. I think the deal is not that bad, however I rate Sheva more than Henry (with Milan). Not because one can say who is the better player, but only because Sheva is used to the Serie A game and of course the team.

Mozart

F*ck the media
    Feb 3, 2006
    IncuboRossonero said:
    Sheva's annoucement came BEFORE the inquiry stating Milan is being investigated....so it does not have to do with the investigations although an announcement tomorrow will clear Milan from the scandal...the games in question or some in which Milan received BAD CALLS and they are the only team to come out and outright deny accusations unlike Juve which everyone involved quit and the other clubs that have not said a word.

On to Sheva: 99 % he will leave....he is 30 and feels he wants to experience another league and culture...so be it...this will have negative repurcussions on both parties: Milan will find it very hard to get another player like him that constantly scores for 7 years and is a perfect fit while Sheva may find that life in the Premiership is not as an easy fit as Italy...anyhow its sad and its devastating but Milan a) never sell players for money and b) will only sell him if HE requests a transfer which based on his statement yesterday suggests he wants to move on..
    at least Milan will get some money for him...
    yea right..your tryin to convinced us that sheva would leave only for 'changing
    culture' or 'experincing another league' reasons...everyone sees what happens when sheva gets subed my Ancelotti....and the moggi quitting thing?...he did that for the club sake...he didnt want to destory the image of juve..as it was a pivital point in the season....Forza Moggi..Forza Juve...

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    :pint:
    Mozart said:
    culture' or 'experincing another league' reasons...everyone sees what happens when sheva gets subed my Ancelotti....and the moggi quitting thing?...he did that for the club sake...he didnt want to destory the image of juve..as it was a pivital point in the season....Forza Moggi..Forza Juve...
    Yeah right??? Moggi is the beginning you naive child...Giraudo, Bettega ... they are all involved..

have fun in Serie B next season and enjoy your 29th Scudetto ..what a joke
    :pint:

Sheva could leave because he wants to bang english broads..I could care less...but there is no reason for him to leave..he is the most capped forward in Milan...one or two subs a year are not the makings of this deal...his wife is American and dreams of the primadonna life in England which is the "IN" thing...

@ Jeeks: Spot on..Henry is nowhere near Sheva in Serie A and CL experience...he may take time to adapt and by that time he will be 31..There was only one Sheva .. no other player adapted as well into Serie A than him: top scorer in his first year and two times after that...simply a gem for us...but all good things come to an end....

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Fliakis said:
    sheva to chelsea > eto'o to milan > henry to barca > juve to serie b.

makes perfect sense now

et'o won't go to milan because he doesn't like all the racism he gets in spain and if he comes here it ain't much different.......next year he will be in the EPL. Herny will go to barca and JUVE is going to defend their scudetto next year

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Mozart said:
    Moggi quit because he did not want to destroy the image of Juve? I dont even have a comeback for that 1, there is simply no need for me to do so. As for Sheva, only he will know why he has decided to leave but there have been rumours of his chilly relationship with Ancellotti as his friendship with Abramovich, thats assuming he is gona leave Milan for Chelsea that is

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #18
    Nick do you think milan will make a swapdeal with chelsea if sheva really wants to move, and get crespo or gallas and some money. or just a money deal?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Stephan said:
    Nick do you think milan will make a swapdeal with chelsea if sheva really wants to move, and get crespo or gallas and some money. or just a money deal?
    I think if they are to get Henry, they have to get money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)