The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
FRANCE

Manager: Raymond Domenech
Fifa ranking: 5
Key man: Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
Previous World Cups: 11
Best Winners 1998
Killer fact: In 2002, they became the first holders to fail to score a single goal trying to defend their title.

SWITZERLAND

Manager: Kobi Kuhn
Fifa ranking: 36
Key man: Alexander Frei (Rennes)
Previous World Cups: 7.
Best; QF 1934, 1938 & 1954
Killer fact: Switzerland qualified with the fewest points in the European groups only beating Cyprus and Faroe Islands. They beat Turkey in a play-off.

SOUTH KOREA

Manager: Dick Advocaat (Dutch)
Fifa ranking: 29
Key man: Park Ji-Sung (Manchester Utd)
Previous World Cups: 6.
Best SF 1930, 4th 2002
Killer fact: Prior to 2002, South Korea had not won a game in 14 World Cup finals matches

TOGO

Manager: Stephen Keshi
Fifa ranking: 56
Key man: Emmanuel Adebayor (Monaco)
Previous World Cups: None
Killer fact: Keshi was the captain of Nigeria at the 1994 World Cup in the United States. West Ham were due to sign Adebayor but Monaco pulled the plug at the last minute

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ramin said:

Swiss is a joke of a team. Its definitly France and Korea.

Swiss is a joke?? gimme a break.

Did you even follow them in the Euro 2000....? Did you follow them in the Qualification for the world-cup?? They're infact a well organized team that is able to give alot.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i think korea has a chanse in this one, france are the favorites and i think they will go through, its not that hard group for them. but swis and korea will fight for the second, swis and france already played in the qualification group, so france knows what to do, but they will underrate korea and could actually loose that game. and park is a really good player. has that fighting spirit.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
and too be honest trez-henry isnt that impresive imo as it was in 2000. atleast in q i wasnt that impressed when they played together. but they have enough quality to go through and now they have a better gk also then before and well defens is not bad either, if we forget zebina who probably wont play anyway,

sagnol--thuram--?-----gallas is pretty good imo. or will thuram play in wc? he retired but then came back. and what about zidane, he also retired and came back, are they bought gona be there?

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
ReBeL said:
Did you watch France-Switzerland in the qualifications??

Switzerland made French players look like idiots...
No, i didnt watch it. One match doesnt mean anything.. France was on a bad form that they forced Zidane, Thuram and co to come back..hell, they even struggled againt other small teams in the qualification.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i say that the french would struggle a bit in the group but they will get the first spot.

2nd spot will go for the swiss , easily.. we wont see any heriocs from the koreans this time. It was a fluke last time

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Wonder what that ass Moreno is up to this time? I still cannot believe that Domenech thinks Boumsong is a better bet than Mexes. I would love to see a last hurrah from ZZ but unfortunately he is in too much of a decline to affect the wc . Too bad but i do hope he goes in a blaze of glory. I can just imagine a back line with Boumsong Silvestre and Thuram just making an almighty boob of most things, he should have called up Zebina to complete the quartet. What are the chances that Trez wil not score a single goal a la wc 2002 and ec 2004?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)