ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
BRAZIL

Manager: Carlos Parreira
Fifa ranking: 1
Key man: Ronaldinho (Barcelona)
Previous World Cups: 17
Best Winners 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, & 2002.
Killer fact: Brazil have taken part in every World Cup finals. But for the first time the holders had to qualify.

CROATIA

Manager: Zlatko Kranjcar
Fifa ranking: 20
Key man: Dado Prso (Rangers)
Previous World Cups: 2
Best 3rd 1998
Killer fact: Midfielder Niko Kranjcar is the only domestic based player in the starting XI. He was promoted from the Under-20s by his father - the manager.

AUSTRALIA

Manager: Guus Hiddink (Dutch)
Fifa ranking: 49
Key man: Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough)
Previous World Cups: 1
Best Group stage 1974
Killer fact: The penalty spot from which John Aloisi sealed the Socceroos' passage is to be preserved.

JAPAN

Manager: Zico (Brazilian)
Fifa ranking: 15
Key man: Hidetoshi Nakata (Bolton Wanderers)
Previous World Cups: 2
Best Second-round 2002
Killer fact: Qualifying for the last three World Cups is no coincidence. It is part of a plan by the Japan FA "to make football a sport everyone can enjoy".

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Haha, gotta love Australia's killer fact.

As much as I hate this chant.... AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
barkuss said:
Lets be real....Brasil and Croatia have the best chance.
Not really.. Brazil will finish first for sure, but the second place will be a fight between Croatia and Japan.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Theres something special about this australian team, I really fancy there chances in qualifying. Brazil to top the group with the Aussies pipping the Japanese.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Brazil should win the group without too many problems but it's gonna be a real battle for second place. Australia to pip the Croats.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Brazil, many ppl's faves to win it, they have a lot of very good players but may have some potential problems. Dida has not been brilliant this season and has dropped a clanger or 5 this season, Ronaldo and Adriano have not been exactly on top form of late either. I dont think they can win the wc with all their stars on the field ie Ronaldinho, ronaldo, kaka, adriano and robinho as what their fans want to see but 1 thing in their favour is that no team in world football has players that produce on the big stage like Brazil. Unlike other teams which have big players who tend to freeze when the going gets tough like Toti, Dp for Italy, Gerrard, Beckham for England and Henry for France, Ronaldo and co always seem to shine the most when the whole world is watching them and that may be the deciding factor

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
brazilians r tough, as denco said their players tend to step up their game at the big stage. thats why they r favourites and most sensibly will win the group.

Whos 2nd ? well i think australia and croatia have the best chances here. But i think that the aussies will come in 2nd cuz they have such master tactician.
Ofcourse the atmosphere here will be amazing, so go on soccerroos(i hate that nickname)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Brazil versus Zico's Japan would be interesting for that reason alone. Brazil should walk this group, second place is up for grabs and though I would like Australia to do it, i don't think they will. But i have no idea who will come second. Brazil not getting maximum points will be regarded as a shock result

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)