Portugal

Match Schedule:
7 11-Jun-06 Nuremberg MEX : IRN 18:00
8 11-Jun-06 Cologne ANG : POR 21:00
23 16-Jun-06 Hanover MEX : ANG 21:00
24 17-Jun-06 Frankfurt POR : IRN 15:00
39 21-Jun-06 Gelsenkirchen POR : MEX 16:00
40 21-Jun-06 Leipzig IRN : ANG 16:00

Discussion about this group is in this thread.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
MEXICO

Manager: Ricardo Lavolpe
Fifa ranking: 7
Key man: Jared Borgetti (Bolton)
Previous World Cups: 12 Best: Qtr-finals 1970 & 1986
Killer fact: Only one player - Gerardo Torrado - survived from Mexico's 2002 squad to play in their final qualifying match for the 2006 competition.

IRAN

Manager: Branko Ivankovic
Fifa ranking: 19
Key man: Ali Karimi (Bayern Munich)
Previous World Cups: 2. Group stage 1978, 1998
Killer fact: Players are banned from curling hair, growing strange-looking beards, wearing ponytails, necklaces, earrings, rings or tight clothes

ANGOLA

Manager: Luis Oliveira Goncalves
Fifa ranking: 62
Key man: Fabrice Akwa (Al Wakra)
Previous World Cups: None
Killer fact: The Angolan FA is trying to recruit the former Brazil captain Carlos Dunga to coach the team at the World Cup, alongside Goncalves.

PORTUGAL

Manager: Luis Felipe Scolari (Brazilian)
Fifa ranking: 10
Key man: Deco (Barcelona)
Previous World Cups: 3.
Best 3rd 1966
Killer fact: Porto striker Pauleta is now Portugal's leading scorer with 42 goals in 77 games. He passed Eusebio's 41-goal mark in qualifying.

Sianconero

Dec 13, 2005
ReBeL said:
IRAN

Manager: Branko Ivankovic
Fifa ranking: 19
Key man: Ali Karimi (Bayern Munich)
Previous World Cups: 2. Group stage 1978, 1998
Killer fact: Players are banned from curling hair, growing strange-looking beards, wearing ponytails, necklaces, earrings, rings or tight clothes

I'm Iranian and I have a little hope to go to next round.
About the sentence I marked, I should say the government of Iran wanted to make a law to do all these...but players didn't let them. Ali Karimi has long hairs and he and some others said they would not play if the government make these laws.
I think the real Key Player should be "Mehdi Mahdavikia" of Hamburger
I write down the formation of Iran and the club teams in prantheses and ask of Mexicos and Portugueses and Angolais to this too.

--------------------------------Mirzapour (Foolad)-------------------------------

Kabi(Foolad)-Golmohamadi(Saba Battery)-Rezaei(Messina)-Nosrati(PAS)

-------------------------------Nekounam (PAS)---------------------------------

Mahdavikia (Hamburger SV)--------------------------Zandi (Kaiserslautern)

----------------------------Karimi (Bayern Munchen)---------------------------

---------Hashemian (Hannover 96)----------Daei (Saba Battery) (C)-------

Subs:
GK-Talebloo (Esteghlal)
GK-Roodbarian (PAS)
DF-Alavi (Foolad)
DF-Sadeghi (Esteghlal)
DF-Zare (Bargh)
DF-AmirAbadi (Esteghlal)
DF-Shakouri (PAS)
MF-Madanchi (Pirouzi)
MF-Nikbakht (Esteghlal)
MF-Jabbari (Esteghlal) A great young player that would be a great star
MF-Kazemian (Pirouzi)
MF-Teymoorian (Abou Moslem)
FW-Enayati (Esteghlal)
FW-Borhani (PAS)
FW-Rajab Zadeh (Zob Ahan)
FW-Akbarpour (Esteghlal)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

MANAMA: Bahrain's national football team may win a surprise call-up to the World Cup if moves to boot Iran out of the competition are successful.

EU politicians have called on governing body Fifa to ban Iran from next month's competition in Germany - and replace it with Bahrain.

Elected officials yesterday sent a letter to Fifa president Sepp Blatter urging him to take action in the light of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's calls for the destruction of Israel, denial of the Holocaust and his refusal to halt his country's nuclear activity.

It was unclear how many politicians had signed the letter, but British Conservative Party MEP Chris Heaton-Harris claimed there was widespread support for the move.

"We have cross-party support for this and we will now go back to our governments and opposition parties and send them a letter, asking them to back our call," said the former referee in a statement to news agencies.

l The US State Department said yesterday Iran's acquisition of nuclear weapons would destabilise the Gulf region. The GCC has a real interest in seeing that Iran does not have a nuclear weapon, it said.

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/1yr_...e=143321&Sn=BNEW&IssueID=29053&date=5-12-2006
-----------------

Fuck the EU and may their MP's burn in hell :skull:

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
can i ask why we are talking about one of the easiest groups in the world cup? mexico and portugal will move on, they will both be 2-0-1

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Morra10 said:
can i ask why we are talking about one of the easiest groups in the world cup? mexico and portugal will move on, they will both be 2-0-1
Will you kill yourself, if that doesnt happen?

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Ramin said:
Will you kill yourself, if that doesnt happen?

Iran and Angola will not move on........I'll bet on it. I'm asking why are we talking about the easiest group, when we should be talking about good groups like C,E

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Morra10 said:
Iran and Angola will not move on........I'll bet on it. I'm asking why are we talking about the easiest group, when we should be talking about good groups like C,E
With that logic in mind, i cant be bothered saying anything else..

Goodnight.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Ramin said:
With that logic in mind, i cant be bothered saying anything else..

Goodnight.

logic about what? angola and iran not moving on? if u actually think otherwise then congrats, bet all your money on one of these teams getting past the group stage.
Depending on how much u wanna bet their both 11/4 to qualify and both 750/1 to win.

Brazil has better odds to win the whole thing then Iran/Angola does to even qualify

source: oddschecker.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Morra10 said:
logic about what? angola and iran not moving on?
No, you idiot. About this "I'm asking why are we talking about the easiest group, when we should be talking about good groups like C,E"

Morra10 said:
Brazil has better odds to win the whole thing then Iran/Angola does to even qualify

source: oddschecker.com
I never said any of those teams will win the tounement. Your thick headed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)