Ecuador

Match Schedule:
1 09-Jun-06 Munich GER : CRC 18:00
2 09-Jun-06 Gelsenkirchen POL : ECU 21:00
17 14-Jun-06 Dortmund GER : POL 21:00
18 15-Jun-06 Hamburg ECU : CRC 15:00
33 20-Jun-06 Berlin ECU : GER 16:00
34 20-Jun-06 Hanover CRC : POL 16:00

Discussion about the teams of this group and their matches is in this thread.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
GERMANY

Manager: Jürgen Klinsmann
Fifa ranking: 16
Key man: Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich)
Previous World Cups: 15
Best Winners 1990, 1954 & 1974
Killer fact: FIFA has granted German Evangelical churches the rights to screen World Cup matches free of charge.

COSTA RICA

Manager: Alexandre Guimaraes (Brazilian)
Fifa ranking: 21
Key man: Paulo Wanchope (Al Garafah, Qatar)
Previous World Cups: 2
Best Second-round 1990
Killer fact: Paolo Wanchope will be retiring from international duty at the age of 30 after the tournament.

POLAND

Manager: Pawel Janas
Fifa ranking: 23
Key man: Maciej Zurawski (Celtic)
Previous World Cups: 6
Best 3rd 1974 & 1982
Killer fact: The manager, Pawel Janas, played in all of Poland's matches in the '82 World Cup in Spain, when the Poles finished in third place.

ECUADOR

Manager: Luis Fernando Suarez (Colombian)
Fifa ranking: 37
Key man: Agustin Delgado (Southampton)
Previous World Cups: 1
Best Group Stage 2002
Killer fact: Fifa have banned Ecuador from hosting games in venues with extremely high altitudes.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
Germany and the Costa Ricans, Poland will come last in the group. There gonna lose all three..
No way thats gonna happen. Poland could even top the group if things go their way. Germnay is nothing special. Costa Rica is like one of the worst teams in the tournement.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ramin said:
No way thats gonna happen. Poland could even top the group if things go their way. Germnay is nothing special. Costa Rica is like one of the worst teams in the tournement.
Thats the special thing about WC.. theres always suprises and trust me this group looks like its got it written all over it. I may be wrong but heck we shall see.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
PhRoZeN said:
Thats the special thing about WC.. theres always suprises and trust me this group looks like its got it written all over it. I may be wrong but heck we shall see.
I know what you mean, but believe me, Costa Rica is not the "surprise" team.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i really hope germany could produce some good performances and most importantly good understanding in the backline.

klinsi is doing everything that the past coaches didnt do, but his tactical knowledge is the same as my lil brother has. the only good thing he has is that he knows how to motivate the players and prepairing them before the match...so if something goes wrong during the game this team is almost toast.

poland will give germany a hard time and ecuador i think..

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Tom said:
Wanchope is still costa rica's main player? wow, thought he'd disappeared.

I dont think Wanchope is our main player, if I would have to choose oe I would choose Gilberto Martinez.

I dont know if we will be a revelation, but I also dont think we are one of the worst teams in the tournament, the thing about our "litle" team is that against big teams we always manage to make great games, thats why I know that Poland and Germany will have to play at his best to beat us.

With this Im not saying that we will pass to the second round, but Im saying that dont rule out my team, in thses times there are not small teams, and these is the World Cup, where more than 1 time the so call "litle teams" manage to upset the big teams.

Now, on Costa Rica I can say that we have a decent squead, a mix between old and new blood, Wanchope is the main forward yes, but only becouse his name, not becouse his play (sadly).

In the midfield our creation is going to be in charge of Walter Centeno, I dont think you have heard about him, he played some seasons in Greece, with AEK, he actually score in the Champions League against Madrid in the Bernabeu...at the moment he plays for Saprissa and he is one of the leaders of the team, he played in the Club World Cup, he has good vision of the game.

In the defence, our main player is Gilberto Martinez, he plays for Brescia, but next season he probably will play for some Serie A team, he is fast, strong and very reliable, some people here in Costa Rica say that if we had 10 players like him we will be a force of soccer, he is pure heart.

At the goalkeper, we have Francisco Porras, he is very relieble and its one of those keepers that can save the team in more than one ocation, the only proble is his age, but again, he is very realieble, he also playes for Saprissa and he also played the Club World Cup.

Now, the young blood of the team, we have Christian Bolañoz we was declared the 3rd best player in the Club World Cup, very young and very good player with a amazing future, one of the best youngster that my country has develop.

We also have Saborio, he is a question mark, he is very good, but latley his finishing as become sloopy. If he can get his act straigth, the he could be a revelation.

thats a litle bit of my team, he have hopes that we can reach the second stage of the tournament, and maybe we are not the best of the teams tactically, but I cant tell you what he have, heart.

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
Nov 6, 2005
PhRoZeN said:
Germany and the Costa Ricans, Poland will come last in the group. There gonna lose all three..
I didn't even think you can be so funny :pumpkin: You think Poland will lose all three matches?? :cool:

Ramin said:
:pint: :agree:

FORZA POLAND :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)