'Intro' to sports betting (2 Viewers)

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
Post your real life bets in here!

Sorry, pardon the pun in the thread title :D.

After a brief discussion with one of the bookies in the vBookie where I was a little cynical about some of those markets offered here. I thought rather than being so churlish I would offer some incite on how I bet on sports. So here it is:

I will start with an actual REAL bank of £200 which will distributed across five bookmakers; Bet365, Gamebookers, Paddy Power, Stan James and VCBet. The selection of these is important due to the types of bets I will take which will be entirely on football and tennis as these are the sports I follow closest.

I will be betting flat stakes almost always (£20.00) which will start as exactly 10% of my total bank. After the first bet this percentage will change but I will keep it at this level. All my bets will be recorded here in this thread and published before the matches have started otherwise they offer no use.

Disclaimer: I do not encourage anyone to follow with their own money.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Ok, no criticism on the first selection :p as successful betting is more than just a prediction contest as you are betting on a price too along with the outcome.

Cagliari v Juventus(-0.5AH): 20.00 @ 2.05 (Bet365)
    Duisburg v Hamburg: 20.00 @ 1.75 (Stan James)
    Fulham(-0.25AH) v Charlton: 20.00 @ 1.77 (Gamebookers)

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 0/0/0/3
    Starting Bank: 200.00
    Current Bank: 140.00
    Pending: 60.00

Bet365: 20.00
    Gamebookers: 20.00
    Paddy Power: 40.00
    Stan James: 20.00
    VC Bet: 40.00

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    I like this guy....jack mabey we can add him to Be a Bookie with us, he has hella insight dont you think.....

I nominate Intro..... :agree:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Intro is an old friend and I appreciate his knowledge, but we have conflicting ideas on who to support :p

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Not a bad start although not perfect but still ending with a profit. I opted for Juve instead of Portsmouth as I wanted to go for quality. :oops:

Cagliari v Juventus(-0.5AH): 20.00 @ 2.05 => -20.00 (Bet365)
    Duisburg v Hamburg: 20.00 @ 1.75 => 35.00 (Stan James)
    Fulham(-0.25AH) v Charlton: 20.00 @ 1.77 => 35.40 (Gamebookers)

After I get back in tonight will look into tomorrow's fixtures but will probably take it easy as there looks very little. Also 'crazy' English have the Easter Monday fixtures :eyebrows: and there is CL, UEFA Cup and Tennis starting in Monte Carlo on Monday. Back with more soon...in the meanwhile be lucky guys.

:smoke:
    Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 2/1/0/0
    Current Bank: 210.40
    Pending: 0.00
    Profit: 10.40
    Yield: 17.33%

Bet365: 20.00
    Gamebookers: 55.40
    Stan James: 55.00

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    Jeeks said:
    Intro is an old friend and I appreciate his knowledge, but we have conflicting ideas on who to support :p
    Thank you Jack. I wasn't too sure where to post this thread but I'm sure I'll be able to find it once it's moved :p. If I remember correctly you like a flutter :agree: and if nothing more you can always provide me with info on those Swedish and Scandanavian leagues - any Summer football is better than nothing. :pint:

hambon said:
    I like this guy....jack mabey we can add him to Be a Bookie with us, he has hella insight dont you think.....

I nominate Intro.....
    Thanks for the kind words. Although I don't want to step on any toes here - as I'm sure the Bookie position here is very priveliged and many current members could be suitable. Also not many know of me here on this forum as I've not been the most active which is one of the reasons I started this thread so to encourage myself to visit here more often.

As for the insight - yes I bet on sports so naturally check odds on a daily basis. Creating vBookie events in that case would not be a chore for me - neither the selection of matches. Nor am I asking for this position either.

Oh and back onto this thread...I just don't want it to turn into an 'ego' thread. Please keeping coming with comments and discussions. I want to hear from all you 'closet' gamblers, questions, your betting tips and opinions, etc...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    The Swedish league has just started, the teams have not shaped up yet, but here it is somehow easy to see what teams are to bet on.

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    Good stuff mate - but there is no need to hit those 'obscure' leagues yet with so much European action remaining :D. I've found a couple I like for tomorrow:

Aston Villa v Birmingham UNDER 2.5 Goals: 20.00 @ 1.62 (Stan James)
    Feyernoord(-2.25AH) v RBC: 20.00 @ 1.80 (Bet365)

First up the Midlands Derby here in EPL with two terrible teams in front of goal - could see it ending 0-0 but definitely don't anticipate many goals. Later in Holland, RBC are one of the worst teams in Dutch Eredivisie languishing at the bottom. Last round of action and Feyernoord have nothing really to play for (but will definitely win this match as they have very outside chance of finishing in 2nd place) except some upcoming play-offs deciding the second CL entrant. I can still see RBC returning to the second division with a whipping though - but need a 3 goal or more win for a full bet winner.

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 2/1/0/2
    Current Bank: 170.40
    Pending: 40.00

Bet365: 00.00
    Gamebookers: 55.40
    Stan James: 35.00

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    That under 2.5 goals has already failed in the Villa-Birmingham game and it's not even FT so having another quick bet in Holland which is too good to turn down:

NAC Breda v PSV Eindhoven: 20.00 @ 2.30 (Gamebookers)

Hiddink's last game in charge of PSV where he can wrap up a 200th win in charge and they play with a full-strength side against NAC who need to save themselves from relegation. No mercy here I think and it starts in a few minutes.

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 2/2/0/2
    Current Bank: 150.40
    Pending: 40.00

Gamebookers: 35.40

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    Aston Villa v Birmingham UNDER 2.5 Goals: 20.00 @ 1.62 => -20.00 (Stan James)
    Feyernoord(-2.25AH) v RBC: 20.00 @ 1.80 => -10.00 (Bet365)
    NAC Breda v PSV Eindhoven: 20.00 @ 2.30 => 46.00 (Gamebookers)

Adding:

Osasuna(-1.0AH) v Malaga: 20.00 @ 1.77 (Gamebookers)

Most likely the last bet of the day will wrap up the overall standings after this one:

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 3/2/1/1
    Current Bank: 186.40
    Pending: 20.00

Gamebookers: 61.40

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    Rounded the day off in poor fashion:

Osasuna(-1.0AH) v Malaga: 20.00 @ 1.77 (Gamebookers)

Lost my discipline here with trying to impress and have resulted in a small loss. More football tomorrow and then Champions League/UEFA Cup where there are good opportunities. Also tennis which has been my main money-maker this last week.

First task is to redistribute funds as the Bet365 account has taken an early hit:

£20.00 from Gamebookers -> Bet365

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 3/3/1/0
    Current Bank: 186.40
    Pending: 00.00
    Profit: -13.60

Bet365: 30.00
    Gamebookers: 41.40

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    Tomorrow's tennis:

Volandri v Acasuso: 20.00 @ 2.00 (Bet365)

And now a rather bad practice with an accumulator but I think it has a possible chance but smaller stake:

Martin(1.40) x Kiefer(1.33) x Nieminen(1.30) x Ferrero(1.40) x Chela(1.16) x Murray(1.28) x Serra(1.33) x Coria(1.28):
    8-fold: 10.00 @ 8.57 (Bet365)

There will be some football bets later too.

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 3/3/1/2
    Current Bank: 156.40
    Pending: 30.00

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    Fliakis said:
    this just might get me into betting :D
    Read the small print at the end of the first post as I in no way want to be held responsible for an uprising in gambling amongst Juventuz members :D. Also I should have stated my credentials in doing this - as my record is marginally better than Wayne Rooney's current predicament!

Actually, right now all the successful vBookie members are probably laughing at my lousy record - I'm pretty disappointed with the first two days having now made a small loss...but things should hopefully improve.

great avatar btw :cool:
    Thanks. I'm only allowed to get away with it here as it's not a Radiohead forum. That way I look like a creative person when I am definitely not in that way - but now the source has been revealed I will look anything but! But I've heard Gambling and listening to Radiohead can be a lethal cocktail resulting in suicide...so if I suddenly stop posting here it is safe to assume what has happened. :p

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17
    Jeeks said:
    I totally forgot that Intro is a Radiohead fan, here you go Fli, you got yourself some support :p
    Yes. The wait for their new album could prove to be as long as that for Inter's next Scudetto. :D

Ok my final bets for tomorrow:
    - Taking a tennis treble consisting of the 3 'locked-in' guys on Monday from the accumulator. Repeating bets is usually a no-no but there are a few on the 8-fold which could fail and I am looking to cash in on some of those guys. If any of these 3 lose - I'm screwed :p.
    - Football: Nice and simple and with a leaders double in England. Was looking at Tottenham with some sort of handicap but want to lessen what already is a fair burden tomorrow. Football will get better with Milan-Barca on Tuesday anyway...

Tennis:
    Martin(1.33) x Kiefer(1.33) x Chela(1.17): 20.00 @ 2.07 (VCBet)

Football:
    Chelsea(1.25) x Reading(1.53): 20.00 @ 1.91 (Stan James)

Bet Results(Won/Lost/Push/Pending): 3/3/1/4
    Current Bank: 116.40
    Pending: 70.00

Stan James: 15.00
    VC Bet: 20.00

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    i've always wanted to do online betting, but im not old enough. would someone mind signing me up if i send them the cash ? :D

OP
    Intro

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    Sir Sebastian said:
    i've always wanted to do online betting, but im not old enough. would someone mind signing me up if i send them the cash ? :D
    Better to keep your money for other stuff :agree:

Really there should be some age restriction on this thread :D like no Under-18's allowed to view. The content of this thread could prove more damaging then the 'Female Beauty of the day thread'...then again probably not. :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    Intro said:
    Better to keep your money for other stuff :agree:

Really there should be some age restriction on this thread :D like no Under-18's allowed to view. The content of this thread could prove more damaging then the 'Female Beauty of the day thread'...then again probably not. :D

Oh come on, I can tell you losing my money gambling is MUCH better for me than what I would end up spending it on instead... :p

Plus our high school dances are more obscene than the beauty of the day thread :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)