Vieri wants to become azzurri world cup topscorer (2 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Vieri targets Azzurri record
Eurosport - Ian Holyman 24/03/2006

Christian Vieri is desperate to make Italy's World Cup squad in a bid to become the Azzurri's all-time top scorer on football's biggest stage. Vieri currently sits on nine World Cup goals, joint first with Paolo Rossi and Roberto Baggio, and has ambitions of moving into double figures in Germany.

"The important thing is to go there," said the Monaco striker. "I've got nine World Cup goals with Italy and I'm determined to score another, get to ten, and become the Azzurri's all-time World Cup top scorer."

Vieri is far from certain to be selected after two largely fruitless seasons with Inter and Milan, switching to Monaco to earn regular first-team football and kickstart his chances of making Marcello Lippi's 23-man squad.

But with Alberto Gilardino, Luca Toni and Francesco Totti bound to fill three of the lfour places likely to be available, Vieri - who has three goals in six Ligue 1 games since his January switch - may have to rely on his close links to Lippi who coached him at Juventus and Inter.

"We've got a frank relationship, we saw things to each other face-to-face," revealed Vieri. "When I went to Inter, I went there because of him. I've known him for so many years. He gives you confidence, makes you feel important, and that's vital for a player."
---

Oh please no. Lippi, let him stay at france!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Stephan said:
Vieri targets Azzurri record
Eurosport - Ian Holyman 24/03/2006

Christian Vieri is desperate to make Italy's World Cup squad in a bid to become the Azzurri's all-time top scorer on football's biggest stage. Vieri currently sits on nine World Cup goals, joint first with Paolo Rossi and Roberto Baggio, and has ambitions of moving into double figures in Germany.

"The important thing is to go there," said the Monaco striker. "I've got nine World Cup goals with Italy and I'm determined to score another, get to ten, and become the Azzurri's all-time World Cup top scorer."

Vieri is far from certain to be selected after two largely fruitless seasons with Inter and Milan, switching to Monaco to earn regular first-team football and kickstart his chances of making Marcello Lippi's 23-man squad.

But with Alberto Gilardino, Luca Toni and Francesco Totti bound to fill three of the lfour places likely to be available, Vieri - who has three goals in six Ligue 1 games since his January switch - may have to rely on his close links to Lippi who coached him at Juventus and Inter.

"We've got a frank relationship, we saw things to each other face-to-face," revealed Vieri. "When I went to Inter, I went there because of him. I've known him for so many years. He gives you confidence, makes you feel important, and that's vital for a player."
---

Oh please no. Lippi, let him stay at france!
:rofl:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yes, but a Francesco Totti in a full body cast could head more goals in NT play than a fully-fit Vieri these days.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Vieri hasn't shown shit in the last 3 years or so. I think he sucks bigtime and he should never get the chance to play in the Azzurri again. Toni, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Cassano, Totti, Montella, Iaquinta, Lucarelli and even Di Canio are all better than him.

FORZA ITALIA!!

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
vieri shud just stick to being a bumb and screwing supeormodels, i mean y not, quote euro 2004 in australian accent "i dont give a shit, i'm here to play soccer"

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
lippi will only select 4 forwards?not incluing totti,who is a midfieler,lippi would go only with 3 natural fwds?i dont think so.i believe he'll go to germany with 5 forwards,other than totti.

-gilardino
-toni
-del piero

the 4th and 5th places will probably be filled by 2 of cassano,iaquinta,inzaghi,di michele and montella.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)