Marco Amelia to Juve? (2 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
as backup or starter? :confused: :shocked: :confused:

Amelia: "La Juve? Prima salvezza e Mondiali"
18 03 2006
Marco Amelia, portiere del Livorno che oggi affronterà la Juventus, ha dichiarato di pensare prima alla salvezza dei labronici e a conquistare un posto per i Mondiali e poi ad un eventuale passaggio ai bianconeri, che lo seguono da diverso tempo.

"La Juve mi segue? Si, ho sentito queste voci ma ai miei dirigenti ho già detto che da qui a giugno mi dedicherò solo alle questioni di campionato e magari a conquistare un posto per i Mondiali - ha detto il 23enne portiere in un'intervista rilasciata a Tuttosport - Poi vedremo quello che accadrà: parlae ora del mio futuro sarebbe sbagliato".

Ricordiamo che oltre che dalla Juventus, Amelia è seguito anche da altri club come Milan e Roma.

Amelia: "Juve? First the salvation and the World Cup"
03 18 2006
Marco Amelia, keeper of Livorno that will face Juventus today , has said that he'll think about the salvation with Livorno and to conquer a place for the World Cup before thinking about an eventual move to the bianconeri, who are following with for quite some time now. "Juve following me? I have heard these voices before but I told my team that I will dedicate myself to the team and try to win a spot in the World Cup squad. - said the 23 year old in an interview to Tuttosport - Then we will see what will happen: To talk about my future right now wouldn't be fair ". Amelia is also followed by Milan and Roma.

I thik this kid is great and could become a top keeper in the world. I don't know if I would sell Gigi though. Maybe have Amelia backup(don't think he would accept that) for a year and see what happens the year after.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i heard this story earlier in the week and was wondering the same thing.

No way would i sell Gigi and replace him with such a young inexperianced keeper and he surely wouldn't accept a role as backup.

Maybe he would be loaned out to a team bigger than Livorno and replace Gigi in a season or 2.

However, i can't help but feel it will be a summer of big changes for Juve this year. So maybe Moggi (or Moggi's replacement ;) ) will sell Gigi and sign Amelia, stranger things have happened at Juve.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Boksic said:
i heard this story earlier in the week and was wondering the same thing.

No way would i sell Gigi and replace him with such a young inexperianced keeper and he surely wouldn't accept a role as backup.

Maybe he would be loaned out to a team bigger than Livorno and replace Gigi in a season or 2.

However, i can't help but feel it will be a summer of big changes for Juve this year. So maybe Moggi (or Moggi's replacement ;) ) will sell Gigi and sign Amelia, stranger things have happened at Juve.
I wouldn't rule that out, and Amelia is a pretty safe pair of hands. If we do sell Gigi there won't be a lack of potential replacements.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Actually, with our defence.. a great goalkeeper isn't that necessary. I think that it could turn out great if we sold Gigi for a shitload of cash and signed Amelia, Abbiati or Casillas :D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
We won't be so reckless to sell Buffon, and indeed Amelia is too good to sit on the bench. So I don't see any truth in this story.

Jul 28, 2002
Marco Amelia...the roma reject....dont make me laugh...he should be honoured to be linked with a club who have had some of the true greats of goalkeepin among their ranks.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Livorno keeper linked to Reds

Marco Amelia has said the Reds are interested in signing him.

The highly rated shot stopper is also understood to be highly fancied by Italian sides, AC Milan and Juve, along with fellow Premiership side, Chelsea.

The 24 year old said, "I'm happy to be linked to so many big sides like Milan, Chelsea, Liverpool and Juventus as someone says should Buffon leave."

"As for the contract renewal with Livorno, there have been talks between me, my agent (my father) and president Aldo Spinelli and everything is okay, but the sign will arrive in the New Year."

"It's true there is an English side and as far as I know Liverpool are the one who insist more," he added.

However, the player admitted a return to Italian side Roma, where Amelia began his career, would be his first choice.

"If I could choose I'd come back home, that's to say at Roma, but there is a keeper, Doni, who is doing really good things and it's true also I have interest elsewhere."

http://www.liverpool-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=310653

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Gigi Buffon will stay with Juve. He will, I'm absolutely sure, remain with bianconeri when he sees the strength of the squad that starts the Serie A season in September 2007.

Meanwhile, the focus of the Juventus activity in the transfer market has to be finding a replacement for Pavel Nedved. Matteo Paro has great potential for the future (say 2008/2009 ) but we now need, as a matter of urgency to concentrate on getting a top class attacking midfield player to start the strengthening of the squad, the rest of which will be completed after the end of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)