vBookie/vbPlaze explained, please read (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I'll try to write a short introduction to these systems. First of all, vBookie works just like before, but now you can use the money earned through vBookie in vbPlaza.

I won't explain everything, like the username and usertitle changes, that goes without saying, but here's some info the points options:

Points Options

Bank: This will allow you to put/get money in/from the bank. The interest is 2%. The money is paid out every 2 days, you're not allowed to put more money in the bank or the interest payout time goes back to two days. Also, if you withdraw money within 2 days you won't earn any interest. If you put your money in the bank, people can't steal it from you with the Theif option!

Donate: This will allow you donate some of your own points to another user.

Theif: This will allow you to attempt to steal some points from another user. If the attempt fails, the theft amount goes to the theftee. The success rate is random and the odds are a set percentage. You can't steal money that's in a user's bank.

Buy Lottery Ticket: Try your luck at the lottery to win some points! Not quite sure how this works yet. I suppose if there's 4 lottery ticket buyers and the ticket costs 500, you can win 2000.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #2
    Also, if you have questions about how something in particular works I'll try to figure it out. :)

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    Need some opinions. Currently these are all disabled, what are your thoughts for adding them (or some of them)? You earn points per forum activity.

Points For Birthdays?
    Enter the amount of points you want to give the user on their birthday. (Default is 100)

Points For Referral?
    Enter the amount of points you want to give to a user referring a user to register. (Default is 50)

Points For Referral's Actions Multiplier?
    Enter the amount of points you want the Referrer to receive when the Referee does an action like create a new post. (This is a multiplier, Use 0 if you want to disable this feature. Default is 1)

Points Per Profile View?
    Enter the amount you want to give a user when their Member Profile is viewed. (Default is 1)

Points Per Thread View Multiplier?
    Enter the amount you want the points per thread view multipled by. (Default is 1)

Points Per Thread Multiplier?
    Enter the amount you want the points per thread multiplied by. (Default is 1)

Points Per Reply Multiplier?
    Enter the amount you want the points per thread reply multipled by. (Default is 1)

Points Per Posted Character?
    Enter the amount you want to give per each character inside a new post. (Default is 0.01)

Points Per Good Reputation?
    Enter the amount you want the user to receive for good reputation. (Default is 1)

Points Per Bad Reputation?
    Enter the amount you want the user to receive for bad reputation. (Default is 1)

Points Per Poll Creation?
    Enter the amount you want the user to receive for creating a new poll. (Default is 5)

Points Per Poll Vote?
    Enter the amount you want the user to receive for voting in a poll. (Default is 1)

Points Per Thread Rate?
    Enter the amount you want the user to receive for rating a thread. (Default is 1)

Points Per Calendar Event Added?
    Enter the amount you want the user to receive for adding a calendar event. (Default is 1)

Points Given for Adding a Profile Picture?
    Enter the amount you want the user to receive for adding a profile picture. (Default is 100)

Points Taken Away for Removing a Profile Picture?
    Enter the amount you want the user to lose for removing a profile picture. (Default is 150)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    also polls cant make all members so it would be somekind of mod gifting to other mod.

and if i dont have profile pic? and i dont want to add it anyway.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Marty said:
    It could be negative points, meaning you'll lose money when you get bad rep.
    no way that can be allowed, you know we have the official neg rep guy here. then someone would always give neg reps.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    If you don't have a profile pic you obviously can't gain extra points if this is enabled. About the poll option it would be no idea adding that then.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    Yes I suppose that is the downside. Of course the points you earn for replies etc. could be set very low.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I like the birthday option, and seeing that it only comes once a year maybe 100 is a tad on the low side.

As for the rest of the possibilities I think some have the potential for a couple of posters to exploit the system for more points. Not that I'd care too much but probably not worth the effort creating them IMO.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    man, i think i quit betting. i already now risk often and then when i would win something it woult be stolen and i can hold it only 2 days in the bank, why only 2 days? or i misunderstand something.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    also, could you possible add a option for those who arent interested and dont want to take part from it anyway, like close your points or something: points are there but you cant bet.

just that, if some are not interested then others who are, should stole from eachother, not from those who arent interested of it anyway.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Marty said:
    Yes I suppose that is the downside. Of course the points you earn for replies etc. could be set very low.
    might b good idea we dont want inflation! wen i have to pay a hundred points for a slice of bread!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)