Steven Gerrard (1 Viewer)

Danilo_

Jan 29, 2006
Juventus will make a major bid for Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard in the summer.

Armed with the cash from their deal with Mediaset, Juve are preparing an offer for midfielder Gerrard following demands from coach Fabio Capello.

Gerrard only signed a new deal last summer after rejecting a move to Chelsea.

The Mail on Sunday says Capello has told Juve's board he will only consider staying on beyond this season if they show their ambition by making a serious move for Gerrard.

Capello is concerned over the aging legs of Emerson and sees Gerrard as the ideal man to succeed the Brazilian as Patrick Vieira's long-term partner in Juve's midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
nobody defends like Emerson so defensively we'd be screwed. Still, Gerrard is a great player but not at any cost.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
mark77 said:
nobody defends like Emerson so defensively we'd be screwed. Still, Gerrard is a great player but not at any cost.
Vieira's quite capable that way. Between the two of them, opposing teams would be under alot of pressure in central midfield. I couldn't see a problem arising. As someone said though, no chance. If Chelsea couldn't get him, Juve won't.

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
i found this also say that capello want gerard in juve from the television money

Capello sogna Gerrard

Secondo indiscrezioni provenienti dall'Inghilterra, Fabio Capello avrebbe chiesto alla dirigenza della Juventus uno sforzo economico per portare a Torino Steven Gerrard.
Lo rivela il tabloid "Mail on Sunday", aggiungendo che il sogno dell'allenatore bianconero sarebbe quello di formare un centrocampo insuperabile, affiancando il capitano del Liverpool a Patrick Vieira ed Emerson.

Per finanziare l'operazione, la Juventus sarebbe disposta ad investire una buona parte dei soldi derivanti dall'accordo con Mediaset per la cessione dei diritti televisivi.

translation: this is not my translation i dont talk italian but i translate on intrent sites

Hair dreams Gerrard

According to indiscretions provenienti from the england, Fabio Hair has had asked to the management of the Juventus an economical effort to carry Turin Steven Gerrard. It yourselves it it the tabloid "Mail on Sunday", adding that the dream of the allenatore bianconero has been that of to form an insuperable centrocampo, supporting the captain of the Liverpool to Patrick Vieira and Emerson.

To fund the operation, the Juventus would be arranged to invest a good part of the money being derived from the agreement with Mediaset for the transfer of the television right.

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
I think is better to focus on top wingers , one left one right.Our central mid. our the best.Next year with nedved and camo again we will have serious weakness at these positions.

Se7en

Feb 24, 2006
juvechampions said:
Not top player that can make the difference.When zidane went, we brough nedved and now marchionni will take place on the fisrt team?He is good to help as a substitude.
Are you saying Gerrard isn't a top class player? What world do you live in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)