Do you think we need a new formation?! (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We need a new formation in europe!?

I think we need a new formation when we play in CL. I know some probably will say that this formation is working well in seria a and we have results, but in CL the competition is much harder, every game is hard, every opponent is hard, because weak teams doesnt get to CL.

I also think some of our players play better in other position....for example when nedved scored his goal he was attacking in the midle not from left or right...i think we should play with two strikers and AM, we can still play with 4 men defens....

-----ibra--------trez
-----nedved/mutu----
---vieira--emo--camo-
zambro--canna--thuram/kovac--balza/zebina

The question is, where is gona play that new midfielder, marchionni....i doubt his a playmaker like nedved is, more defensive....then we let mutu play in AM position..this kind of formation can be effective in attack and in defens as well..ibra trez get balls through mutu, vieira and camo are going forward if needed(with attack/counter attack), emerson guards the midfield...

yesterday there was almoust none creativity and the balls just didnt reach our forwards...i didnt understand why emerson played as attacking midfielder and we kept vieira more behind....imo vieira has much better attacking qualitys then emerson...for example already his finishing....how often do we see emerson score? and we also know vieira makes tackles what ref doesnt like, so we cant let him be so deep behind, we could conseed very dangerous freekicks...

and finally: if you have nothing else to say than dont change winning team or formation what works in seria a, dont say nothing....the team needs to take seria a and CL competition with a differant mentallity and way...

we already suffered against bayern, last year against liverpool...something needs to be changed....

i am not saying we cant play 4-4-2 but we need somekind of attacking formation if we need goals....

---

but knowing cap, he bought marchioni to be a backup for camo or to be replacement for nedved.....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Our current formation is fine.... What's not fine is the right sub .... other than Del Piero there are no influencial subs.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Cronios said:
We sould be able to adapt our system and play by occasion...
There u have it, my comment is the same as Cronios.

It depends on the opponent we r facing and how we put the formation and the players, simple as that.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Cronios said:
We sould be able to adapt our system and play by occasion...
There u have it, my comment is the same as Cronios.

It depends on the opponent we r facing and how we put the formation and the players, simple as that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think we need to address our weakness at fullback with Zambro and (dare I say it?) Zebina out. We can probably address that a little with formation. Afterall, we have some killer defensive midfielders. But a formation change only masks the problem: we don't currently have CL starting material at fullback.

Balza is promising and decent going forward, but he's young and his inexperience shows in defending the corners against a worthy attack. And Blasi? Don't get me started on Blasi...

Il Professore might actually be a slight improvement for us (at least over Blasi), but again he's no Zambro.

Apr 12, 2004
No, you don't need a new formation, you need a new coach who is not a Romanista deep down inside and has the ability to know what the hell he is doing. In addition to this, playing players in their 20's vs 30's would do wonders too.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
guys guys, our problem is not the formation. our problem is the way we are playing. we are not playing like a team while we are defending. how many times did we see a player of bremen free on the left/right side, while our 4 Defenders were oriented on the other side. while we tried to defend and press 2 or 3 players tried to "attack" the player with the ball and he just passed the ball foroward and they overcrossed our midfield. this would not change with a new formation.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The problem is the approach and the psychological attitude the players are in, it is not the formation nor the starting lineup.

The approach and player morale is up to the coach to deal with.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Maresca said:
guys guys, our problem is not the formation. our problem is the way we are playing. we are not playing like a team while we are defending. how many times did we see a player of bremen free on the left/right side, while our 4 Defenders were oriented on the other side. while we tried to defend and press 2 or 3 players tried to "attack" the player with the ball and he just passed the ball foroward and they overcrossed our midfield. this would change with a new formation.
exactly. plus no "big club" coach changes his formation, what he does change is player instructions and how the team plays as a whole. every player is given a specific task and the team as a whole is told how and what to play. teams play the same formation always, very rarely do they change formations, if so at all it's just a small adjustment, cause to play a new formation you have to adopt the players to a whole new system. and that's a lenghty process.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    so capello is not the best if it comes to motivating players? i am not saying cap bad coach seeing what he has established, but do our players lack of aggressiveness? or whats the problem. I mean in footballer mind the first thing should be trying to win the match. Well in italy and with italian teams first thing is probably defens but we saw what happened yesterday.

Aug 26, 2003
    I agree with Jeeks, as i think that our overall attitude and approach must change especially in away games! I sometimes have the feeling we don't take games serious, in the end this could cost as the CL again!

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    i was making it in capello point of view.

and well actually the topic is more about next season as well, i mean we will have a new midfielder, that marchionni, will he play in nedved position or will he be a backup or will we sell camo?

But i also think if some keyplayers are missing(injured) we really should have a second plan...like right now, zambro is injured, because of booking we might loose in europe players like vieira.

but cap thinks 4-4-2 is the only lineup...blasi was really weak yesterday imo. but his not regular player also.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #18
    i think capello just underestimated werder. Blasi is only good for backup and better put him to midifeld where his mistakes dont cost as much.

zambro is a big lost and cap should have chansed the formation, because blasi is no zambro, his side was definelty the weak one.

once again this shows how our reserv players are bad. like remember in coppa as well, but that was just coppa. some players just cant play in so high level. i dont know what cap should have done but replacing one player with other and thinking that its enough is not the soloution.

rb is not even blasi regular position so in a way he even has excuses why it didnt work. He has played more dm position already.

Or if kovac was fit cap should have gone with balza-canna-kovac-thuram

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Black&White. said:
    The problem of Blasi is he doesnt play in that position.
    I guess we have some defensive problems.
    Blasi does not play in any football position, I don't know how he ended up with a team like Juventus, he should consider doing something else, as fast as possible.

I guess we have coaching problems.

Stephan said:
    i think capello just underestimated werder. Blasi is only good for backup and better put him to midifeld where his mistakes dont cost as much.

zambro is a big lost and cap should have chansed the formation, because blasi is no zambro, his side was definelty the weak one.

once again this shows how our reserv players are bad. like remember in coppa as well, but that was just coppa. some players just cant play in so high level. i dont know what cap should have done but replacing one player with other and thinking that its enough is not the soloution.

rb is not even blasi regular position so in a way he even has excuses why it didnt work. He has played more dm position already.

Or if kovac was fit cap should have gone with balza-canna-kovac-thuram
    Blasi is not even good as a backup.
    A midfielder mistake does not cost as much as a defence mistake? Oh yea, let the opponent gain possession and create more chances, it is much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)