Inter hot on Henry's heels (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Inter are considering a sensational move to sign Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, according to reports in Italy.

Henry has said that he wants to stay at Highbury but has yet to sign the new deal that would make him the highest paid player in the club’s history.

With Arsenal’s Premiership campaign continuing to lack conviction, speculation continues to associate the Frenchman with a move to a club better placed to win the one honour that still eludes Henry – the Champions League.

Barcelona have already publicly stated their interest in signing the former Juventus man, but now it appears that Inter have thrown their hat into the ring.

Having failed to buy another striker in the January transfer window, it seems the Nerazzurri are keeping their powder dry for a major summer move.

Inter, bankrolled by Massimo Moratti’s millions, are one of the few clubs who would be able to compete with Barça in the transfer market.

Moratti, who has already signed Maxwell and Maicon for next season, is also determined to lure Michael Ballack to the San Siro.

Few would ignore the title-winning credentials of a side including the Germany captain, Henry, Luis Figo and Adriano

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Why would Henry leave Arsenal, a team that plays good football, has a squad full of very good young players, a good coach who believes in him and a set of fans who adore him for a club with a history of taking good players and getting nothing out of them, a tendency to underachieve and little chance of winning anything?

If he leaves Arsenal, it'll be for a bigger club than Inter, whatever they're dreaming.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
mikhail said:
Why would Henry leave Arsenal, a team that plays good football, has a squad full of very good young players, a good coach who believes in him and a set of fans who adore him for a club with a history of taking good players and getting nothing out of them, a tendency to underachieve and little chance of winning anything?

If he leaves Arsenal, it'll be for a bigger club than Inter, whatever they're dreaming.

thats what so frustrating with arsenal this season. The team is filled with kids. U wont win anything when u are playing with kids.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
aressandro10 said:
thats what so frustrating with arsenal this season. The team is filled with kids. U wont win anything when u are playing with kids.
"You won't win anything with kids."
-Alan Hansen, on seeing Man Utd lose to Aston Villa, 1995.

Man Utd, 1995-present
CL (98/99), 6 x EPL winners (never lower than 3rd), 3 x FA Cup winners.

Lampard #8

Apr 8, 2004
mikhail said:

Man Utd, 1995-present
They were hardly kids come that CL win.

Sep 28, 2002
mikhail said:

Man Utd, 1995-present
will he have the patience though?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Henry wouldnt do well in Italy and he sould know better,
besides is a well known team for destroying players carrier,
he sould avoid them at all cost

gaspipe

Eavesdropper
Nov 6, 2005
Henry is too good to play in Inter. I rather see him playing in Barca :) cuz i dont believe he will ever be playing in Juve after this one wasted year in season 98/99. He scored 3 goals i suppose but he played as a left winger.

FORZA JUVE

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
The chances of Henry rejoining Serie A would be remote to say the least, first of all because of his record here and if he's done his homework obviously Inter would be a club to avoid.

You gotta give Morratti props though, he just loves his club more than his money. Ironically I can't say the same for those very same players that he's signed over the years.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I can see Mancini on the phone with Henry:

"Join us, and I tell you ... we'll have a Coppa Italia dynasty for years to come!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)