Winter Olympics - Torino 2006 (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There should be.

For all the Torino dismissers who have never been, I think they're going to be pleasantly surprised that this city has turned itself into a very cool place in the past few years -- with nary a tourist until now. (In some ways, I hope it stays that way, given how much I enjoy melding in there.)

Then of course, the Olympic Stadium being what I believe to be our home next season during delle Alpi reconstruction -- this is quite a relevant topic here.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm also going to recat this in Other Sports... and make it sticky at least during the Games.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Can it compare with the opening of the Albertville, France Olympiad of 1992?: Frenchmen on acid leave you feeling like you just had a bad dream ... or bad bottle of absinthe... :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I repeat, I don't like watching openings, so I cannot answer your question. But I would not say no to a bottle of absinthe.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
* swag has vision of opening that Jeeks is watching: the ceremony builds, and as the suspense builds over who might light the Olympic torch ... who appears? Noneother than Moggi... who takes the torch, lights up the place, and delcares, "I own this town and these Games!!! Let them begin!" *

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Unfortunately I turned off the TV and missed the spectacular opening. I am off to meet some serious Danish drinkers in a pub that serves beer from all over the world. Duvel, here I come :drool:

OP
mnementh

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #14
    The opening waS AMAZINF :cool: Especially fabulous was the coregoraphy of the skier , that was something out of this world. And the lighting of the torch was uncanny. I was disappointed a little because I thought Ale will be a touch a bearer inside the stadium and not 6 hours before....

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    I loved it too :touched::touched:
    It made me so proud (ok, I didn't organize it or anything, but you know :D)!

It was very juventina too, but I realized it later. Pavarotti and three of the last four torchbearer are juventini. :biggrin:

As for Alex, if he had been one of the last torchbearer, another one would have had to be a granata. But the games are not Torino's only, they are Italian. So, if there is a Juventino, you'd have to have also a Milanista and an Interista + a Romanista and a Laziale, since Rome is the capital city.
    And, most importantly, football is always under the spotlight, it wouldn't have been fair to let it steal some attention from the other sports, that shine in Italy almost only during the Olympic games :wink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)