[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Fiorentina (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Coppa rematch is coming...

Tuesday, Jan 10 at the delle Alpi. Will the Viola fans bring their own tear gas this time?

With a 2-2 scoreline from the Franchi, this could be interesting...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    A rather astute observation. If Juve advance, I think that says more about Fiorentina than it does about Juve myself...

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    I agree, Shoryuken. I'm looking forward to this rivalry.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I expect another dead game mainly played in the middle with Giannichedda replacing one of Emerson or Vieira. I expect Del Piero to play the game from the start alongside Zlatan or Zalayeta and Trezeguet will be rested unless needed.

I also expect Buffon to play and Balzaretti will start as well.

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    Azzurri7 said:
    Lets hope we'll play well, I really want to progress forward to in this tournament.. and grab the 10th.
    Yes, the 10th is important. Forza Juventus!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    hey, was nedved injured or he had a booking that he didnt play in palermo game?

I would want mutu start....i dont expect dp to start...i think trez and ibra will start....one of nedved/camo will not start and might come in if things arent going well (remember first game...big guns took us back to the game)

I do expect buffon to start...although i would prefer next seria a game for him....after all its viola we are playing....

Toni didnt play in the first game (mainly because we had a seria a game to come) so i guess he will start as well.....

I think viola take the coppa tournament very seriously....its the only trophy they might win....they wont win seria a, and they dont play in europe this season!

Very much depends who start in the midfield....as in defens zambro will play and probably canna also, so its safe....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Capello should play a strong team as our next league game is at home to Reggina so we can rest players then. I for one would like to see Juve take the Coppa a bit more seriously this year and with bench players like Kovac, Del Piero and Zalayeta we have the quality to win the competition.

I would play:

Abbiati
    Balzaretti - Gladstone/Criscito - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
    Olivera - Giannichedda/Blasi - Vieira/Emerson - Mutu/Nedved
    Zalayeta - Del Piero

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
    1-1 and we will walk away as winners with more away-goals.

-----------------Abbiati
    Balzaretti-Thuram-Cannavarro-Zambrotta
    -------Camoranesi-Emerson-Viera
    ------------------Mutu
    -------------Trez-Del Piero

I would like to see Zambrotta to the left providing the flank what was missing against Palermo and Mutu playing behind the strikers like he did against Palermo (but not on paper). Balzaretti would be an interesting story as we have never seen him on the right, but alot of people have fielded him there in their wish-lineups, but most likely it will either be Pessotto or the former Zambrotta-Chiellini. What's hard with Coppa Italia games is that the lineup is much more unpredictable. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)