Civilization IV (1 Viewer)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Desmond said:
Does anyone here play this awesome game? I had my first tryout a couple weeks back and I ended up playing through the night, best game in the series IMO.
I love Civilization since the very first! I was about to buy it today but I read some reviews about some major bugs in the game. is it true???

If not, Im buyin it tommorrow Man!!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I haven't experienced any major bugs at all, and I've played it for some 20 hours at least.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    :touched: This thread has brought so many memories

Aww man the time we spent playing both Civ 2 and Civ 3

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    Haven't encountered any bugs. The thing though is that it could've been coded better as it pretty damn heavy to run.

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    Yeah I definitely agree that it could've been coded better, the processes are very taxing even on a high end PC.

It's worth it though. :smile:

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Oh man, I hated the 3rd part cause everytime I wanted to get through like the technology age, I would never reach because there was a time limit and because of the bugs!

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    one question: if u have a mine/pastore etc, connected to a road,in one of ur cities but outside of ur teritory, i still have the readings that i receive, 1+ cows,horses,rice,gems,stone etc do i get more if its within my city borders?

Oct 1, 2002
    Cronios said:
    one question: if u have a mine/pastore etc, connected to a road,in one of ur cities but outside of ur teritory, i still have the readings that i receive, 1+ cows,horses,rice,gems,stone etc do i get more if its within my city borders?
    are you sure you got that? because, you don't own resources if it's outside your territory.
    if one of your cities have resources, it will be distributed to all your cities that are connected by trade routes.

if you have 2 resources of same type, you can trade it with other civ to get resources you doesn't have yet.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    i sent my workers to build a mine outside my territory and i connected it to ny cities with roads,
    i got the idea now, thanx!
    BTW were u a castlevania fan?

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Can anyone tell me wich unit is the most effective to win fortified archers in a city, in the classic era?

the game uses horse archers but mine sux,
    swordsman seemed to have some bonuses but can only be used after the catapults ruin their city walls,
    and the barbarian waves keep coming in imence numbers even in the 3 lowest dificulty level,
    i created human walls of soldiers to fend them off and they came by sea right where it was unguarded the least they raided many cities and try the pillage where they couldnt, their attack and the havoc they created incuraged 3 other neutral nation to race a war with me simultaneusly,
    so far i didnt managed to steal any tech from other nations,
    is this possible in civ4?
    and although i have sent scouters from very early to scout the large world and they did the half of it, they only found 3 villages with 50 gold each,
    what a waste of time and resources they are...

does the ships have an advantage in battle if they curry many units of archers within?

the game can be a little frustreting but the imence advance of the grapichs help me restart again my empire for the very beginning...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)