have juventus ever retired a jersey? (1 Viewer)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
I would like them to retire the number 10 jersey to del piero, the only thing is, number 10 is such an important number, i really dont think they would do that

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Think about it...is there a number not being weared by a current juve player?

1,2 ,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,,26,27,28,32 are all taken.

Leaving us with 5,15, 29,30,31...etc...High numbers were not the norm in the past so most likely none is retired over there....its either 5 or 15, but I would go with No none is retired.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Il Re said:
I would like them to retire the number 10 jersey to del piero, the only thing is, number 10 is such an important number, i really dont think they would do that

10 is very hard....mabey they can retire number 12

it belongs to our beloved Antonio Chimenti:D :D

nobody will ever wear that jersey again...hehe

here is a pic of him setting up the wall (he is allways off by 3 feet or more)

The other is him squating to let one rip...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hambon78 said:
10 is very hard....mabey they can retire number 12

it belongs to our beloved Antonio Chimenti:D :D

nobody will ever wear that jersey again...hehe

here is a pic of him setting up the wall (he is allways off by 3 feet or more)

The other is him squating to let one rip...
lol

May 30, 2004
axlrose85 said:
u cant retire #10.no team would do that.

see i think they shuld retire it .... until sumone comes that really deserves wearing that shirt but not giv it to any fool tht comes alone like a miccoli... sum1 will hav to earn the no.10 t shirt after del piero retires .. so it wont be retired forever

AHDK

Dec 24, 2005
I don't think it's a good idea to retire a shirt. Who shall decide whether to retire a shirt or not? Juventus has had a lot of good players, and many of them can be labelled legends. It's better to honour a player in other ways, I think :)

AHDK

Dec 24, 2005
Modo Bianconero said:
see i think they shuld retire it .... until sumone comes that really deserves wearing that shirt but not giv it to any fool tht comes alone like a miccoli... sum1 will hav to earn the no.10 t shirt after del piero retires .. so it wont be retired forever
This could also be a good idea, but who should decide if a player is good enough to wear the shirt number 10? I have heard, that they retire Maldini's number in Milan. Only a player from Maldini's family will be able to play in #3.

Tourinorum

Nov 23, 2005
Modo Bianconero said:

let's say someone great comes and he takes a different jersey, won't he make a name for himself in that jersey? why would he switch to 10 all of the sudden?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)