Henry: selling him was a mistake? or not? (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I saw yesterday CL last matchday program. Well i dont know, how they call it...but you know thats the program where they show clips of all games what have been played in last matchday and also show interviews, previews and etc....its about 30 minutes program if i am right....last time they showed a small interview with Arsenal`s Henry.....

And the introduction to that interview, was something like: Now we meet a man.....bla bla bla...and also said something like....it has turned out to be one of the biggest transfer mistakes ever, and juventus will regret.

Your comments, please?

He did score 3 goals only and played 16 games...

He was made to play on the wing, and in an unfamiliar position was strangled by Italian defensive discipline.

Was it the biggest mistake by coach? wrong position....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Actually, that was the position he was playing at the time, so it wasnt an unfamilair position nor a wrong one.

Failink to spot he would me more effective in another position, like Arsene did, could be classified as a misstake tho.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Make no mistake: the soft underbelly of EPL defenses was the best thing that could have happened to his career.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

It wasn't a mistake, considering Juventus keeped on winning titles one after another. But the only regret would be that Juve never got the best of him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think CArlo Ancelotti would have had the patience to develop Henry the way Wenger did. He would have become a normal player and not like he is now.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Jeeks said:
I don't think CArlo Ancelotti would have had the patience to develop Henry the way Wenger did. He would have become a normal player and not like he is now.
What about Pirlo? He was a nobody in Inter's reserve team, playing as a forward. But overall, Ancelotti is overrated.

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    Actually that position sentence (small font)....i checked some info about him and copyd it from wikipedia........i think he would have played better if he wouldnt have played on the wing.......

Well, if we would have him also right now....then we really would be the france national team..... we already get sagnol..... atleast bonnefoi wont play :)

vippy84

Oct 22, 2005
    well, my opinion last time was it was the right decision for us to sell him. He wasn't developing that much on the wing as he was a winger last time. But looking at how good he is now, it is a mistake... but Juve have excellent attackers now, so we do not need him anyway.
    Look at reyes, he was once played as striker in arsenal in his first season... now he is back to his original position of left wing.... coz Wenger doesnt see him plays well on striker role anymore.. Wenger prefers van Persie on that role instead... this is how Arsene plays his cards... he is Intelligent and patient....
    FORZA JUVE

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    ofcourse it was a mistake,how can you judge if the player is usefull or not in six months? Nedved sucked the first year,so we should sell him then??

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #14
    Snoop, looks like you chanse your mind very quickly, you just said 51 minutes before it wasnt mistake, now you already say it was:confused2

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    think about it this way,

at that time, arsenal came with a handsome sum of money buying one of our unproven player, its business really, wht if we turn down the offer and herny became a normal player ...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    It would be a mistake, becos Ancoletti should have given Henry more time to prove himself instead of selling him to Arsenal, where he soared.

Well I prefer to look ahead than regretting the sale of Henry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)