money (1 Viewer)

hjkm

Dec 4, 2005
hi,
i have some questions:
1. why did juve publicly list its shares in 2001 dec? what were the reasons? did they issue new stock or someone decided to sell? how exacly was the price fixed in the IPO (initial publöic offering)? i think it was 3,6euro compared to ca 1,4 today.

2. i would also appreciate if you gave me an overview which football clubs in the world are publicly listed besides juve. if you do not have that much information then at least tell me which italian and spanish clubs are listed.

3. do the berlusconis own 100% of Milan? when did they buy the shares? who sold?

4. what do you know about the structure of real madrid. for example juve and manu are public limited companies (plc), in italian s.P.a (what does it stand for?). i know that real m has club members (ca 80000?)who elect the president. so may i conclude that real is not plc?. who are the main owners of real?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
google is your best friend. I was aware forbes did an article on the worlds richest football clubs. if for some reason all your fingers fell off and you cant google, or google.com is blocked by your country's government then let me know.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
IIRC Roma, Lazio, Brossia Dortmund(sp?), Ajax are all public companies. Thats what I can provide you, the rest google it....

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
hjkm said:
hi,
i have some questions:
1. why did juve publicly list its shares in 2001 dec? what were the reasons? did they issue new stock or someone decided to sell? how exacly was the price fixed in the IPO (initial publöic offering)? i think it was 3,6euro compared to ca 1,4 today.

2. i would also appreciate if you gave me an overview which football clubs in the world are publicly listed besides juve. if you do not have that much information then at least tell me which italian and spanish clubs are listed.

3. do the berlusconis own 100% of Milan? when did they buy the shares? who sold?

4. what do you know about the structure of real madrid. for example juve and manu are public limited companies (plc), in italian s.P.a (what does it stand for?). i know that real m has club members (ca 80000?)who elect the president. so may i conclude that real is not plc?. who are the main owners of real?
Welcome.....hard questions!!!:D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Madrid and Barca are members clubs (I think some more Spanish clubs are too, but those are the ones I know about). That means that they're private organisations.

Here's an article with some interesting onfo on the English clubs in the stock market:
http://www.ukinvestmentadvice.co.uk/football-share.htm

I'm not sure what percentage of Milan the Berlusconis own, but I don't think it's 100%

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Mikhail

Along with Sunderland, a number of other football clubs have withdrawn their listings over the years, including Aberdeen, Bolton, and Chelsea, which were famously bought by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich.
Aberdeen and Bolton were also bought by Roman??

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Rami said:
Mikhail

Aberdeen and Bolton were also bought by Roman??
No. That's just poor English. Those three clubs have all withdrawn from the stock market. Abrahamovic has only bought Chelsea (and some Russian club?!)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
mikhail said:
No. That's just poor English. Those three clubs have all withdrawn from the stock market. Abrahamovic has only bought Chelsea (and some Russian club?!)
Ya CSKA, thats what I thought initially, bad english. But better be safe than sorry;)

OP

hjkm

Dec 4, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    the link provided my mikhail was useful.
    can u guys post questions no 1,3,4 on the xtratime forums? i've been googling all day long but i just cant get answers that would satisfy me. i tried to register a username on xtratime but they still havent activated my account.

1.post the questions on juve forum
    ask the same q about lazio and roma on respective forums.

3. post the q on milan forum

4.ask the q on real forum. + "how can i become a member of real madrid?"

------------
    by the way, spa stands for societa per azioni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)