History section of Juventuz (7 Viewers)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Now i dont usually look at the main site, but i had a quick look when the forum waqs updatede...

I have to say, for what is meant to be a major juve fan site... The history section is massively lacking...

No real info on the history of our club, jus a trophy list and your standard juve history article that could of been ripped from any football site...

The legends section is laughable... no space for the likes of boniperti, cabrini etc etc but room for a guy who is famous for 2 matches and was a major dissapointment in the bianconeri shirt...

Is there likely to be an update of this section... The amount of forum space wasted with people asking questions which all the answers of should really be present on the main site....

It really lets the site down imo..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Shadowfax said:
The legends section is laughable... no space for the likes of boniperti, cabrini etc etc but room for a guy who is famous for 2 matches and was a major dissapointment in the bianconeri shirt...
The text is actually a copy/paste job from the legends section the official site did like 4-5 years ago. Had there been someone knowledgeable and willing to write some more text, I'm sure Marty wouldn't mind putting it up there. Meanwhile I made do with what was available.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Martin said:
    The text is actually a copy/paste job from the legends section the official site did like 4-5 years ago. Had there been someone knowledgeable and willing to write some more text, I'm sure Marty wouldn't mind putting it up there. Meanwhile I made do with what was available.
    I'm not criticising you Martin.. I know what you did and how you did it... we've discussed it before....

But with the face lift and the new man looking for the site to progress that section is very sub par..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I concur Paul, good post. The history section of this website needs to be revamped as it doesn't do justice for the club and even this website. There are other aspects of the main site that need improvement as well, not just Juventus history..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    RochemBeck said:
    I concur Paul, good post. The history section of this website needs to be revamped as it doesn't do justice for the club and even this website. There are other aspects of the main site that need improvement as well, not just Juventus history..
    Expand please - nothing can be done until it's clear what you mean!

Shadowfax's right. However, someone who knows a lot about the history of the club is needed for that to come about.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    In fairness Paul, anything 99% of the members on here could write about our history is going to be sub standard as far as you're concerned, so you're never going to be happy unless you do it yourself.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Tom said:
    In fairness Paul, anything 99% of the members on here could write about our history is going to be sub standard as far as you're concerned, so you're never going to be happy unless you do it yourself.
    Tom is right. In some ways, Paul, you are uniquely qualified for the job. Maybe we need an Official Juve Historian on commission. ;)

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    It's funny how noone noticed the outdated sections on the old site, perhaps because not that many visited the main site before? Anyway, if someone is willing to contribute to this or any other section of the site with fresh material you're welcome to contact me. :)

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    swag said:
    Tom is right. In some ways, Paul, you are uniquely qualified for the job. Maybe we need an Official Juve Historian on commission. ;)
    I guess i opened myself upto that one

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    Marty said:
    It's funny how noone noticed the outdated sections on the old site, perhaps because not that many visited the main site before?

In my case, I only looked at the site recently because i wondered how it looked with the face lift.

I never really looked at it before as i have no reason too, no offence but theres nothing there i dont allready know and the news bits i have better and more uptodate sources than you can provide... as such no reason for me too look at it...

Having said that i do think if this is gonna be a real juve source and as some like to say 'the best juve fansite' , then the main site needs to be comprehensive and much more indepth, all the info must be there...

The forum should be part of the site, not a forum plus a site as it is now

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Shadowfax said:
    I'm not criticising you Martin.. I know what you did and how you did it... we've discussed it before....

But with the face lift and the new man looking for the site to progress that section is very sub par..
    Okay, to put it more concretely, until someone with the required knowledge volunteers to write some history for the site, it's never going to improve, not sufficiently anyway. Having said that, there aren't all too many of us up to speed on the subject, so the list of candidates is fairly short.

While I agree that something "should" be done (and in fact it should have been done 5 years ago), nothing is being done currently because Marty doesn't have the resources like I didn't.

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    That's why I was asking for help. ;)

I think Juventuz is and always has been primarily a discussion forum, secondarily a site people visit for info, rather than the other way around. That doesn't mean I don't want the site to be a great resource though, but Rome wasn't built in a day as they say.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Marty said:
    That's why I was asking for help. ;)

I think Juventuz is and always has been primarily a discussion forum, secondarily a site people visit for info, rather than the other way around..
    Thats true, but with a top notch site the forum is only likely to get better...

More people look for a decent juve site than look for a forum...

In general people look for info on the club, stumble across the site and whilst reading through it take a look at the forum,

If the site itself demands return visits then new members are more likely to stick around and make a worthwhile contribution to the forum as well...

The list of active users doesnt change much at the moment, many are contacts of other existing members rather than real new blood...

A more comprehensive site will not only make a better site but will also help improve our forum as well

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    I know. You keep saying that and I agree, but in order for the site to be more comprehensive and up to date, I need help. :)

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Shadowfax said:
    Now i dont usually look at the main site, but i had a quick look when the forum waqs updatede...

I have to say, for what is meant to be a major juve fan site... The history section is massively lacking...

No real info on the history of our club, jus a trophy list and your standard juve history article that could of been ripped from any football site...

Is there likely to be an update of this section... The amount of forum space wasted with people asking questions which all the answers of should really be present on the main site....

It really lets the site down imo..
    who is the guy you are refering too who was a major dissapointment in the shirt?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I'm available to write something if you want me to. I've just recently written about Furino, not in English though, but surely I could translate it. Not to mention about other players, memories etc.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Erkka said:
    I'm available to write something if you want me to. I've just recently written about Furino, not in English though, but surely I could translate it. Not to mention about other players, memories etc.
    Finally something productive in this thread :weee:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ...I'll take that as yes. So what should I do? I'll translate it myself and pm it to someone who'll check the spelling?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)