Chivu makes Capello call (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Chivu makes Capello call Thursday 24 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma defender Cristian Chivu has fuelled talk of a move to Juventus by claiming he wants to work with boss Fabio Capello again.

Giallorossi captain Francesco Totti stated last week that he would never wish to be coached by the tactician again, but Chivu has great respect for the Italian.

"Totti’s words? It is hard for me to mirror them," Chivu told Sky Italia. "Capello brought me to Italy and I would like to team up with him again.

"I must thank him because the fact that I am here is also down to him. When it comes to Capello, all you have to do is look at the number of League titles he has won."

Today’s comments will undoubtedly lead to speculation that a move to Turin at the end of the season is on the cards.

However, the Romanian international has committed his immediate future to the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

"I am at Roma for now and I still have two and a half years left on my contract in Rome," he added.

"You never know what will happen in football, even if it doesn’t always come down to the desire of a player.

"A contract extension? The club must make their move first, then we will have to wait and see what happens."

Chivu moved to Serie A three years ago after they beat Inter and a host of other clubs for the then Ajax stopper.

Chivu, who can play in the centre or at left-back, has also been heavily linked with a move to Milan recently.

Buy on AliExpress.com

vippy84

Oct 22, 2005
I believe it will happen since juve will be loooking for new central defenders soon... but i am not sure how many central defenders juve will be bringing in in january or at the end of the season... juve never really seems to buy more than a player for each position... so this is kind of hard ...since juve in making a swap deal with palermo for barzagli and barone maybe!!! we will see what happen!!
i want to see maxwell, sagnol, barzagli, chivu, de jong and many more in juve shirts!!

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Chivu would be a great installment for our defense, also since chillieni wants a roma move there could be some sort of swap

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Chivu would be such a great deal.....I would love him to join us. He's not Cannavaro thats for sure, but he can add lot of things to this Squad, and a defender with his quality, I would love it.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I'll keep Chiellini,he is young and doing good job so far.
Chivu is a good defender,and we need one more central defender,but he wants to work with Capello,and what will happen if Capello moves to real...he might take Chivu there...real need good defence so badly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)