The Juventuz Rules Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Link:

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=893454&postcount=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copy-pasted:

Juventuz Rules The rules apply to all boards at Juventuz. The owner and moderators of Juventuz reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Failure in following our rules will result in a warning and in some cases a ban. These rules may be updated without notice, so keep an eye on them.

DO NOT!
  • Post in any language other than English.
  • Use a signature larger than 4 lines of standard text.
  • Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
  • Post full nudity pictures/videos, or other pictures/videos that could offend
  • Advertise or spam.
  • Write in CAPITAL LETTERS.
  • Double post.
  • Ask to be a moderator.
  • Pretend to be a moderator, or act as though you are a moderator.
  • Revive dead topics, if a thread is several months old there is no good reason to drag it back up.
PLEASE DO ------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Im sure Marty and the Mods would like some feedback.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Not sure this needs to be discussed. Anyway, the rules page is pretty simple at the moment but it will grow.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i was gonna write can i be a moderator in capital letters but i didn't have permission.:sick:

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    Marty said:
    Not sure this needs to be discussed. Anyway, the rules page is pretty simple at the moment but it will grow.
    It looks to me that if you were to follow these rules to the letter everybody would be banned. Except me, since I only make compliments.

If someone said "Giannichedda sucks ass!" or after a particularly troubling game, someone blurted "Abbiati needs to be ********* by an eight-tentacled octopus!" in frustration. Would that be enough reason to warrant an official warning? How many warnings before a ban?

Thats just one example. Its not with the intention of putting you on the defensive, Marty.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Layce Erayce said:
    It looks to me that if you were to follow these rules to the letter everybody would be banned. Except me, since I only make compliments.

If someone said "Giannichedda sucks ass!" or after a particularly troubling game, someone blurted "Abbiati needs to be ********* by an eight-tentacled octopus!" in frustration. Would that be enough reason to warrant an official warning? How many warnings before a ban?

Thats just one example. Its not with the intention of putting you on the defensive, Marty.
    The intention is to stop people from persistantly abusing staff/players. While I'd agree that Abbiati needs to be ********* by an eight-tentacled octopus because I'd really like to see the footage, I think it's not something worth posting on a Juve forum.

There's a world of a difference between saying "Crapello's shit" every other post and stuff like "I think we'd be as well off selling Trezeguet because he's injury prone" and "Camo had a poor match last night." I think common sense generally prevails.

Apr 12, 2004
    Marty said:
    The rules are there to make this place a little more pleasant, not to ban people.

I think what he is asking is:

Exactly how strict are you going to be?

Are you going to literally warn people if they step outside the lines just a little?

An example is what Josh just said.

(Once again, I'm not trying to push your buttons or anything.)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Marty said:
    DO NOT: Pretend to be a moderator, or act as though you are a moderator.

Or maybe that was your joke ;)
    However, what if you're asking another member to settle down, or to not insult our players or action will be taken against you? That is acting like a moderator, however for a good reason. Is that acceptable?

Sep 28, 2002
    RochemBeck said:
    However, what if you're asking another member to settle down, or to not insult our players or action will be taken against you? That is acting like a moderator, however for a good reason. Is that acceptable?
    hell no!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)