Roy Keane's next club - Celtic (1 Viewer)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well he has already said he wants to finish his career at celtic so this should be an easy money bet

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Bozi.78 said:
    well he has already said he wants to finish his career at celtic so this should be an easy money bet
    Who says he won't change his mind. Other clubs could offer him substantially more money.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    Juventus have reportedly made an approach to sign former Manchester United captain Roy Keane.

The veteran Irishman was dramatically cut loose by The Red Devils on Friday after over 12 glorious years at Old Trafford.

Keane's surprising early exit from United has put a string of Premiership clubs on red alert, with the likes of Bolton, Newcastle, West Brom, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Everton, Wigan, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough all purportedly interested.

The 34-year-old does have an eye on a move to Celtic, although the Scottish giants have suggested they would be unable meet his wage demands.

But Italian champions Juventus are now trying to tempt Keane to Italy to team him up with former sparring partner Patrick Vieira.

Widespread reports claim that Juve have registered their interest in signing the midfielder, who was involved in some ferocious battles with Vieira during the Frenchman's Arsenal days.

Though Keane would be ineligible to play in the knockout phase of the UEFA Champions League that has not deterred the Turin outfit from exploring the possibility of a deal.

Fabio Capello already has Emerson and Vieira in his central midfield, but appears willing to offer a career lifeline to Keane.

It is rumoured that Keane is tempted by a switch to Stadio Delle Alpi and is spending the next few days studying Juventus' proposal.

Keane's finest hour as a United player came against Juventus in the 1999 Champions League semi-final, but he could now finish his career donning the famous black and white stripes.

However, it has also been suggested that Roma want Keane, while it is the player's representative Michael Kennedy who has sounded out Juventus.

Kennedy reiterated Keane's long-standing wish to ultimately play for Celtic, but acknowledged there has been no official contact from his suitors.

"There has been no contact as yet, but I'm expecting some contact tomorrow," Kennedy is quoted in the Daily Record. "Roy is a free agent and can do what he wants.

"After the emotions of the last few days he'll now get a chance to settle down and decide his future.

"He has made it clear he is a Celtic supporter and I'm sure it is still the case that he would like to play for the club.

"But he still has a lot to offer football and will be looking at all his options. There is a lot of interest in him already. I think he will be looking at everything in the next eight to 10 days."

he cant play week in week out but ideal player to rotate and rest emerson and vieira with i would love to get him

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    Err you know if you bet on Celtic and he joins Celtic, you'll actually lose money on this bet, as it's below 1.00. :p

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Marty said:
    Err you know if you bet on Celtic and he joins Celtic, you'll actually lose money on this bet, as it's below 1.00. :p
    Yes. I expect that bug fixed. :p

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    mikhail said:
    Yes. I expect that bug fixed. :p
    I think when Zlatan was testing changing odds yesterda, after the odds has been changed, the amounts bet on the original odd are returned as they are.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Marty said:
    In that case, the odds should be 1.50:

1/2 = 1 + ½ = 1.50
    Bah. I'll do it that way in future, but it makes it very hard to calculate odds for stuff that wasn't elsewhere. I'm much happier if I can just add up all the inverses and make sure it totals to less than one. Now I'll have to subtract one from everything first. :eyepatch: :moan:

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    The way we had it set before was that if you won you'd get the money you spent back, plus the amount you bet times the odds. That's not how real betting companies (the ones I know of) do it. The money you've spent are instead included in the odds.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Marty said:
    The way we had it set before was that if you won you'd get the money you spent back, plus the amount you bet times the odds. That's not how real betting companies (the ones I know of) do it. The money you've spent are instead included in the odds.
    The way they appear now they are multipliers to the amount of bet you place. This is how it should be, the clearest way and most straightforward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)