Capello: "An important match" (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>"It's an important match for both teams; there'll be top players on the pitch who are able to make a difference. Knowing the opponents well like I do is only partially an advantage since players at such a high level can change the course of the game at any time; we'll have to be careful". The one against Roma is a delicate match and Fabio Capello wants to keep concentration high:"It will certainly be a remarkable match on a professional level and it feels good to play in a stadium crowded with supporters who are always very close to their team's fate. Roma have not had a good season last year but they're now catching up and getting back on track. After all, they're a very strong side, with quality players. Our side has gathered yesterday and we've started today to prepare the match. Anyway, many of them looked serene, because of the good results with their countries. We hope we'll have the same smile on our faces on Saturday night too."

Last year's match at the Olimpico was a particularly tough one, maybe also because of the hot atmosphere that always surrounds this challenge: "We all should only think about what happens on the playground - the coach continues - and be more serene and not overload the game with too much pressure". And it's the very Capello who gives the good example: "I want to take the chance to congratulate Francesco (i.e. Totti), Mrs Ilary and little Christian and wish them the most important thing: much health, for all of their lives. Sincerely my best wish and compliments to the new parents" <br><br>Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
He wishes Totti much health?
is this somehow ironic?
(Maybe he gave the order "exterminate Totti" and now feels quilty:jester: )

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think the very best comeback you can give to a Totti who's out spitting his venom (among other things) is to say, "Well, I wish him and his family the very best too." As if you didn't even hear the comments he made. :shifty:

Take the high road and be respectful and honorable. And hey -- if you do it in a way that underscores what a lowlife the other guy is in contrast, all the better. :angel:

Shrewd stuff. Capello probably handled that better than a Sevillian matador.

Ole!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)