Abbiati bows down to Buffon (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Christian Abbiati has regained his place in the Italy squad following his time at Juve, but admits he’ll gladly step aside once Gigi Buffon returns from injury.

“I hope he is back to full fitness soon and I can’t wait until he returns,” said the goalkeeper. “I think Buffon is the best shot-stopper in the world and it’s only right he takes his position between the sticks.”

The ex-Parma man has been sidelined since August with a serious shoulder injury he suffered in an accidental collision with Milan’s Kaka during the Trofeo Berlusconi.

In a bid to make up for the setback, the Rossoneri loaned them Abbiati free of charge, and the chance to play regular first team football allowed him to get back into the Azzurri jersey.

However, he realises that his caps against Holland and the Ivory Coast were gained thanks to injuries for Buffon, Angelo Peruzzi, Morgan De Sanctis and Flavio Roma.

“I am fairly realistic,” noted the 28-year-old when asked about his World Cup ambitions. “I know that Lippi has always called up Buffon, Peruzzi and De Sanctis when they were fully fit. Nonetheless, I obviously hope to be part of the committee going to Germany in 2006.”

Abbiati faces more immediate concerns, as he will be in the Stadio Olimpico to take on Roma this evening in what is shaping up to be a bitter grudge match.

“It will be a very difficult tie against a side that is on fine form at the moment. Juventus always give their best and try to win, so it’ll be a fascinating encounter. We are relaxed and going into this game without excessive stress, as creating controversy doesn’t help anyone.”<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He's trying to be a good sportsman and team player about it. You can't blame him -- he's trying to earn friends. Look at Mutu, for example.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Jeeks said:
LOL at your user title swag. I guess Andy was asking to give him that title :D
TBH, I forgot who suggested it in the first place. Unfortunately with the search not working on the new site, I can't look it up. (All I remember is that I made some Gilligan's Island crack after that about inviting Mary Ann over to my grass hut to check out my coconut radio. ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)