Zampa confirms Juve ‘deal’ (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>Transfer</b><br><br>Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini has admitted that he is ready to do business with Juventus in the summer.

As reported by Football Italia yesterday, Juventus are keen on completing a deal to bring Andrea Barzagli and Simone Barone to Turin in exchange for Andrea Mirante and Manuele Blasi.

Zamparini admitted on Thursday night that he is willing to strike a player-swap deal, one that could possibly also involve Fabio Grosso heading in the direction of the Stadio Delle Alpi.

"We have spoken with Juventus about Mirante, the Siena goalkeeper," admitted the Palermo chief.

"He is someone for the future who really interests us, in the same way that we are also interested in certain other players of theirs."

Mirante is a goalkeeper of great potential whom the Bianconeri have loaned to Siena for the season.

Having promised to allow him to stay in Tuscany for the whole term, the Bianconeri can’t strike any deal involving the young shot-stopper until the summer.

"We know from their side that Juventus are great admirers of Grosso, Barzagli and Barone," he added. "Basically, in June we could well strike a deal with them."

Another player Zampa would like to have on his books has already slipped through his fingers though.

Luca Toni is the striker on everyone’s lips at the moment and it pains the 64-year-old to think he sold Serie A’s top goalscorer to Fiorentina just four months ago.

"If I still had Toni now I certainly wouldn’t sell him," he moaned. "If anything I’d like to buy him back."

Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Torkel said:
Been some time since I've watched Barone, but I remember him as being the exact same player as Blasi.
My thoughts as well. I have seen Barone play quite a few times and he is nothing more than a Blasi or Giannichedda or Cristiano Zanetti. In my opinion he is not good enough to start at Juventus in a straight 4 midfield and there has to be better options out there. A player like Ledesma would be a great choice because he's young, more talented than Barone, has a bright future, and could take over for Emerson once he becomes too elderly. And we have seen what these Baiocco, Blasi, and Giannichedda signings have given us, so I'm not very optimistic with Barone..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)