May 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    Simone Barone is a Blasi/Giannicheda type but with a little more skill

definitely not world class

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    RochemBeck said:
    Simone Barone? Why don't we just recall Baiocco FFS...yet another overrated player.
    He's not overrated, nor is a world class. Imo he is a good player. Your being harsh to compare him Baiocco. I wouldn't mind him joining Juve.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Yeah, but Blasi is probably just as good as Barone, only without his passing. It's not worthwhile spending money on players we don't need - Emerson and Vieira will play 99% of all matches next year.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    But the thing is, Barone is not exactly an adept passer of the ball and he's certainly no Maresca going forward either. I cannot say he has looked entirely impressive with Palermo this term either.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    I prefer to leave him as he is, after all he is already 27 years old and there is little chance of him featuring with Emerson + Vieira present.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    ZhiXin said:
    I prefer to leave him as he is, after all he is already 27 years old and there is little chance of him featuring with Emerson + Vieira present.[/QUOE]

As if anyone is going to feature with the Vieira/Emerson partnership. I'd be happy enough if we keep Blasi.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    There is absolutely no point in spending on someone who would bring about a marginal, if any, improvement in the squad.

Thankfully Moggi agrees.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    RochemBeck said:
    But the thing is, Barone is not exactly an adept passer of the ball and he's certainly no Maresca going forward either. I cannot say he has looked entirely impressive with Palermo this term either.
    While all of this is true Barone is still better than Blasi, Giannichedda and Cristiano Zanetti.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)