The Best British band Of The Last 10 years (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Best album probably the Verve Urban Hymns but overall I'd agree on Oasis

Then again they were only really hot for a few years in the mid 90's.. biggest band for the past few years has been coldplay though personally i find their music boring and depressing, the majority disagree with me.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I don't know that many British bands... Or maybe I do but mistake them for American/Canadian/Australian/Whichever-other-english-speaking-nation

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
The British ones are usually, as a rule of thumb, the ones that are either decent, or at least original.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
oasis all the way.
all coldplay songs sounds the same,just like ac/dc repeated their set formula again and again.

though oasis could well be given a good amount of competition by blur.

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    I like Coldplay but really hate Chris Martin he takes himself to serious.

While Noel and Liam are really down to earth and very amusing in their interviews.

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    Yeah. I know Liam Thinks hes god but hes been like that his entire life.

I would rather have a beer with Liam Gallagher any day than with Chris Martin.

Oasis still have their working class roots.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Oasis without a shadow of a doubt! They so so many great songs and so so many great unreleased songs and covers. Not to mention having such a charasmatic frontman in Liam and the down to earth Noel.

The best live band around too.I may be slightly biased having seen them twice in concert already.

Although i agree with Tom about Urban Hymns being a great album. But will anything ever top Definatly Maybe? or Whats the Story Morning Glory?

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Boksic ] ++
    Oasis without a shadow of a doubt! They so so many great songs and so so many great unreleased songs and covers. QUOTE]

Great unreleased songs like lLets All make believe from the Go Let It Out Single and covers like the whos My Generation.

Ive seen them 4 times already and have tickets to see them in December they are such a great live act.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)