Ask the Ref.. (2 Viewers)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
don't worry.. I'm not the ref..

this thread is just for asking general questions about refereeing..

I have one question in mind..

if 'Team A' was leading 2-0.. goals scored by "Player 1" twice.. now during the game, the ref sends off 5 players from 'Team A'.. thus 'Team B' will be considered the winner 3-0 (or is it 2-0.?!?) anyway.. my question is... can "Player 1" from 'Team A' keep his two goals by his name so he might boost himself in the scorer's ranking..?? or they got cancelled.. like the match was..??

Buy on AliExpress.com

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
for a start, i dont think that decision is up to the referee, the ref just sends in a match report and the organizing body deals with the results.

to the question itself, i have no idea :D

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
if 'Team A' was leading 2-0.. goals scored by "Player 1" twice.. now during the game, the ref sends off 5 players from 'Team A'.. thus 'Team B' will be considered the winner 3-0 (or is it 2-0.?!?) anyway.. my question is... can "Player 1" from 'Team A' keep his two goals by his name so he might boost himself in the scorer's ranking..?? or they got cancelled.. like the match was..??
The goals are nullified.

The oposing team gives the goals they get to whomever they want though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
don't worry.. I'm not the ref..

this thread is just for asking general questions about refereeing..

I have one question in mind..

as long as the game is an official result then the goal would stand. the only way they would is if the game were rulled to be unofficial and to be replayed at a later date. that only happens due to weather and in that case the goals wouldnt count. but since the cancelation was due to send offs the goals would count. unless the league has a rule for that saying they dont count.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

The goals are nullified.

The oposing team gives the goals they get to whomever they want though.
Sounds like you've learned this from experience. ;)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Are you sure, chief, it happened to an opposing team we went against once?
im pretty sure. but i think it depends on the league too. like seb says refs just send in the report and the league does what they want. i think if it happened in like the juve inter match and juve was leading then juve would get three points. since it was just inters acting up or whatever that caused the cancellation instead of an act of god. the leaque may throw out the game but i doubt it would be replayed and if it was an official result then the goals would probably count. but to tell the truth there are about twenty different ways it could go with league policies and all.

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ok.. it depends on the league's rules and regulations..

let's say it happened in the World Cup.. would the goals still be counted.. what are FIFA rules for that..??

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    ok.. it depends on the league's rules and regulations..

let's say it happened in the World Cup.. would the goals still be counted.. what are FIFA rules for that..??
    i have no idea. im pretty sure fifa doesnt either. it would probably be voted or decided by the pres.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Since the game is not valid the goals scored by the team disqualified do not count.. and is won by a simple 3-0...but if lets say a team needed to score more than 3 goals and did but the opposition bailed out on number of players then the baord would meet to discuss it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)