The NHL Thread (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well everybody, after a years absence we finally have our hockey back. The new and improved NHL is not the same as your daddy's NHL...new rule changes such as the abandonment of the two-line pass rule and the reinstated touch up offsides rule will promote more exciting and attack-minded hockey, thus ridding the league of the despicable trapping tactics teams such as the New Jersey Devils used to beat superior teams. The salary cap has moved players around a bit more equally than before, and with ESPN passing up the chance to renew the rights to broadcast the league, Comcast will be the main provider of nationally broadcasted NHL games.

As you know I am a Red Wings fan and we are off to another great start...just beat Gretzky's Coyote team 2-0 tonight with goals from our two starlets Zetterberg and Datysuk. Thank God hockey is back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Nice to have another Red Wings fan! Hope they start broadcasting them more than the damn Capitals.

what the hell is up w/the new name??

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Unfortunately you will not see many Red Wings games around here unless you buy NHL Center Ice from your cable or satellite provider. That is what I am doing and I will see every single Red Wings game this season...I love it and the service is only for $130. Around here it is all Capitals because we reside in their market.

As for the name, A to the B....pretty self explanatory really...

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    The Leafs beat the Canadiens 3-2 this evening, and beat the Thrashers 9-1 Friday night.

Whoa, that's kick-ass, especially after loosing in two shoot-outs which, in my opinion, do not belong in the NHL.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    I don't know...in some ways it livens up the games a bit more, however on the other hand it's just as unfair as a penalty shootout in soccer. But I can see why the NHL marketers adore the shootout..

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    how are the sharks doing? i used to go to the games quite often but then...well you all know what happened

havnt even heard about them since

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
    How about those Habs!!!!!

7-2, with a fast, skilled, and young squad.
    How about those Red Wings? We completely own almost everybody we have played thus far, barring the Canucks of course.

The new rules the NHL instated this year have really helped both our causes, as the speed and puck control we like to show off is easier to display with the current setup. And despite the fears of Wings fans (including myself) that the salary cap would hurt our chances, in actuality the cap has helped us find new talent that we would have previously overlooked. Samuelsson, Lilja, Franzen are all good young players who signed on minimal contracts.

So far I'm loving the new NHL...despite how easy it is to get a penalty.

And yeah, those Habs look pretty damn good thus far...I thought you would be over-reliant on Saku Koivu and Kovalev, however players like Ryder, Ribiero, and Perezhogin are all providing the points. Defense looks good as well.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    And damn, I just noticed Zetterberg and Williams are top five in points. The latter has been awesome thus far providing us with 10 assists, fourth in the NHL.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Andy, can you see it??

June

Joe Louis Arena

Game 1 Stanley Cup Finals

Detroit vs. Montreal

Legace vs. Theodore

Yzerman vs. Koivu

Shanahan vs. Kovalev

2 of the original 6 form the Meccas of Hockey battling for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Can you see it, Andy????

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    I most certainly can, my friend. That would be one of the greatest Stanley Cup Finals in over a Decade of hockey.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    I literally just got back from the San Jose Sharks against the Predators. I don't know much about hockey but i love going to see the games

sharks won 3-2 on a shorthanded goal in overtime :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)