German training methods (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Many people are amazed at the fitness of German players.I saw an article that focused on fitness in DFB.Doctors are working closely with the players to determine their fitness using many methods like the famous "Illinois Agility Test". I hope we can incorporate such procedure in our Super Eagles.Below are some pictures.

Oliver Khan sprinting,part of the fitness test.

Bridge training

The Coaches looking at the fitness report from the doctor

Speed test

The equipment measures Deisler's speed

Blood test

Coordination training

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Thats some bullshite that Klinsmann found or heard about when he was in America, and he wants to overplay the fact, that he is not even a real coach, by using such methods.

Feb 26, 2005
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Thats some bullshite that Klinsmann found or heard about when he was in America, and he wants to overplay the fact, that he is not even a real coach, by using such methods.
The only problem Klinsmann has is that Die Mannshaft are yet to find their goal scoring form. Other than that, his coaching methods have produced a younger, faster and tougher German team than has been seen in years. Once the forwards begin to click, you'll have to eat your words and wash them down with some Krombacher.

@chxta, I also hope the Super Eagles can begin using some of these methods. They are fantastic.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++

The only problem Klinsmann has is that Die Mannshaft are yet to find their goal scoring form. Other than that, his coaching methods have produced a younger, faster and tougher German team than has been seen in years. Once the forwards begin to click, you'll have to eat your words and wash them down with some Krombacher.

@chxta, I also hope the Super Eagles can begin using some of these methods. They are fantastic.
Honestly I don't see one really good German striker with a constant performance. Also, these methods didn't improve anything so far, and will not change anything. Germany will not win this World Cup.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Honestly I don't see one really good German striker with a constant performance. Also, these methods didn't improve anything so far, and will not change anything. Germany will not win this World Cup.
Do you mean a constant performance in the National Team or in the german league?

I think the first one... than I think Lukas Podolski and Kevin Kuranyi are in a very good form, they bring constant performances!!!

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Funny enough there was a programme bout that just last night bout how the german NT have a load of American coaches with new types of training methods. Load of crap if you ask me, cos they'll still be rubbish!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I agree. He has done far better than I expected. And he seems to be involving Germany's new generation of future stars and building some kinmanship (Kilnsmannship?) between them.

But I have to snicker at the first post here, though. It's so stereotypically German to try to engineer your way to a WC title -- treating your players as if they were on a BMW assembly line. :)

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jigga ] ++
Funny enough there was a programme bout that just last night bout how the german NT have a load of American coaches with new types of training methods. Load of crap if you ask me, cos they'll still be rubbish!
When you have players like that you might as well try something new. :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
But I have to snicker at the first post here, though. It's so stereotypically German to try to engineer your way to a WC title -- treating your players as if they were on a BMW assembly line. :)
You spoke my mind Greg. ;)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I agree. He has done far better than I expected. And he seems to be involving Germany's new generation of future stars and building some kinmanship (Kilnsmannship?) between them.

Very well said. After all, Germany has lost all of his good players and are trying to come back with young talents, who are IMO average. I see nothing special bout a Owomeyola, Borowski, etc. and as I said before, they lack a constant striker. Damn, Neuville had to play against Turkey yesterday. That was a good joke from Klinsmann.

bigjesus

Apr 29, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tino ] ++

Do you mean a constant performance in the National Team or in the german league?

I think the first one... than I think Lukas Podolski and Kevin Kuranyi are in a very good form, they bring constant performances!!!
Kuranyi is overrated. He is no gifted striker he is just average. Podolski is good but not world class. Maybe he becomes better if he plays at higher levels (Munich, HSV,..).

Germans defense is a farce. Just ridiculous. Players like Borowski, Mertesacker, Owomoyela, Jansen are poor average. Compare them to players from Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, England, Spain.

Honestly at the moment German's football is dead. I have seen the first half against Turkey yesterday emberassing. Nobody have to fear Germans next time.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by bigjesus ] ++

Kuranyi is overrated. He is no gifted striker he is just average. Podolski is good but not world class. Maybe he becomes better if he plays at higher levels (Munich, HSV,..).

Germans defense is a farce. Just ridiculous. Players like Borowski, Mertesacker, Owomoyela, Jansen are poor average. Compare them to players from Italy, Netherlands, Czech Republic, England, Spain.

Honestly at the moment German's football is dead. I have seen the first half against Turkey yesterday emberassing. Nobody have to fear Germans next time.
Very good post. Couldn't agree more!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by bigjesus ] ++

I agree with everything you say, apart from the fact of Podolski. He should defently not move to Munich..yet. he should wait 2-3 more years before thinking of a move.

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
He will probably move to Munich cause Bayern has that routine to buy everything that is good from German Bundesliga

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)