Hitler vs Andy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Instead of assuming the obvious, I wanted to check out if Andy really is that much worse than Hitler. Therefore I I will weigh up pros and cons and battle them out.

Andy: He's pretty much your average guy. His parents told him what was good and what wasn't and he assumed they were right. He never felt the need to think about his opinions on good and bad, because it's clear for him that they are right.

Pro: Because of this attitude he will never resort to behaviour that is so extreme and violent that it will cost millions of lives.
Con: He will always be subject to feelings of guilt that are unjustified and indoctrinated.
Con: Since he hasn't thought about the concept of good and wrong himself, he'll assume others haven't either. Therefore he will act as if these things are proved facts, rather than guessings of a demented fool.
Con: He will belittle anyone who disagrees with him and will make sure they're being thought of as disgraceful idiots who are yet to learn their place in this world.

Hitler: Took the time to build an entire philosophy about what he believed was good and what wasn't. He even stood by his philosophy at the end of the war, which resulted in the death of many of his fellow countrymen. Though I don't share the same principles, I do acknowledge the fact that Hitler at least thought things through.

Pro: He thought about good and wrong and built his own philosophy. Therefore he can do what he wants as long as it fits in his philosophy. You won't notice absurd holes in his philosophy either, like you do in Andy's.
Pro: When Hitler talked, people actually listened. Why? Because Hitler had something to say. He thought about something new rather than rehashing what people had said before.
Con: He slaugthered millions of people.

I'm not a fan of Hitler though ;).

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm really not sure where we're going with this but... will hold off on the thread closed button for a moment to be sure...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You know what Seven? I seriously don't know what is going on in your head. I know you are an intelligent person, but why are you wasting your intelligence on such stupidity and provoking?

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
Put this kinda energy into the waffle business and the Belgian economy would be booming!

Joke. I'm sure it'll be interesting when I read it tomorrow.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++
Put this kinda energy into the waffle business and the Belgian economy would be booming!

Joke. I'm sure it'll be interesting when I read it tomorrow.
I wouldn't count on it, amico mio. ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hmm, lets see here.

You say there are no holes in Hitler's philosophy, yet there are some holes in mine. Tell me something Seven...what is my "philosophy" exactly?

And you're lucky I'm even responding to this thread.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I was holding out for the remote chance for some of the lively debate in Nick v. World lately about risks and what people might say. But alas, I don't think anyone will tear up by my closing this.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
I was holding out for the remote chance for some of the lively debate in Nick v. World lately about risks and what people might say. But alas, I don't think anyone will tear up by my closing this.
Tut tut. Always remember Godwin's Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)