Chelsea boring? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Defending The Indefensible

Paul Doyle
Monday September 26, 2005

PUTTING THE BOOT INTO THE BORES

The Fiver is not in the pay of Roman Abramovich (but name the date, time and swanky hotel, Roman, and we'll be there discussing personal terms before you can say: "I'm looking for a sumptuously-paid lickspittle"). However, it does feel obliged to defend Chelsea. Well, at least to assail their aggressors. But first, let's hear what someone who really is a hired mouth had to say to the Blues' detractors today.

"We have scored 14 goals in seven matches and nobody has scored more," stat-attacked Jose Mourinho, breaking a self-imposed silence that was never going to last too long. "If somebody is boring, it is not us." Quite right too, Special One: if somebody is boring, it's ... what passes for your challengers. Is it Chelsea's fault that the MU Soccerdolphins perversely persist with a clunky 4-5-1 formation that DOES. NOT. WORK? Or that Arsenal think it's exciting to sprinkle their side with midfielders who can't tackle and forwards who don't shoot?

Is it Chelsea's money that's unbalancing the Premiership or is it the fact that the other big teams have misspent theirs? The Glazerbucks could have had Michael Essien for free five years ago, but frightened him off by threatening to send him to Belgium on loan. Belgium! They went on to spend £3.5m on Eric Djemba-Djemba, £6m on Kleberson and £28.1m on Juan Seba Veron. And let's not forget the £38496559m (and counting) they blew on signing and paying Rio Ferdinand. And was it a Chelsea double agent who advised Arsene Wenger to splurge £10.5m on Jose Reyes? And to avoid at all costs buying a replacement for Patrick Vieira? No, it was not.

And with two matches between boring, boring Chelsea and Big Cup-winning flair-merchants Liverpool to look forward to this week, it's worth noting that out-of-form Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has scored more league goals than the European champions this season. :howler: Yes, it promises to be gruelling viewing, but is that because Chelsea probe methodically, or because Egil Olse ... sorry, Rafa Benitez has told Liverpool players to act like sailors in murky fog, looking constantly to the lighthouse that is Peter Crouch?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Fiver/0,4022,1578813,00.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Good article...

But I disagree, IMO Chelsea were never boring since Abra and Mourinho sat on the Chair.

Chelsea's style is similar to Italian Football, They depend on the counter attack and they defend pretty good. IMO, The EPL is a bit Boring, But Chelsea is the only thing that makes it Sweet If you ask me..

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    Collecting 21 points, Scoring 14 goals without conceding any out of seven matches...

I would never call such thing as boring...
    They have conceded one goal in 7 matches.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    actually , what chelsea boss brought with him to EPL is new methods , 4-5-1 with attacking flankers isn't most popular tactic for english clubs ..

liverpool are following the same approach , man u somtimes

boring ?? for me ?

i can say it's not like b4 they are playing more tactical than b4

i like it this way ??
    no , but i still love to watch arsenal play it's more entertaining than chelski - liverpool match

and btw , arsenal did not spend money like chelsea or man u ,, how could u compare ?!!!!!!

reyes still cheaper than chelski"s carvallo

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    i tthink that all english football is boring but i expect a little more from chelsea maybe because the other teams of the epl have less quality and thus the players do not need to work much to earn a win dunnno

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I think arguiong wether Chelsea is boring can go on longer than who came first, the chicken or the egg.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    I don't care if it is a boring technique or an interesting technique, winning technically is the most important.

Even Mourinho himself is lazy to answer this critic nowadays.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I don't find Chelski boring. What's boring is teams who try to ape Mourinho's 4-5-1 formation (which goes 4-1-4-1 when they have the ball anyway) using players who haven't a whit of the guild, class and pace of Damien Duff and Arjen Robben (or indeed Joe Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips).

Calling Chelsea boring is nonsense, unless you mean their dominance in the past, erm, 13 months. Man Utd dominate for 13 years, and people complain when there's two teams of that quality now vying for second place, behind an even better one?

No, for boring, look to Bolton, Fulham, Everton et al. Toothless teams who prioritise defensive football.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Discussion about Chelsea's excitement.

James: Chelsea are boring
    Benjamin: No, they are not! They keep on winning.
    James: Yes, they are boring. Football is not about winning
    Benjamin: Yes, it is. It is about who gets the trophy in the end. Chelsea are not boring.
    James: But still there is more than trophies, htis makes Chelsea boring.
    Benjamin: No they are not! They are tactical.
    James: Tactical football is boring.
    Benajmin: No it is not, it makes you win.
    James: Football is not about winning, Chelsea are boring.

45, 783 hours later

James: I said it many times, Chelsea are boring.
    Benjamin: No they are not.

This can go on forever you know, no matter how many articles one comes up with.

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Discussion about Chelsea's excitement.

James: Chelsea are boring
    Benjamin: No, they are not! They keep on winning.
    James: Yes, they are boring. Football is not about winning
    Benjamin: Yes, it is. It is about who gets the trophy in the end. Chelsea are not boring.
    James: But still there is more than trophies, htis makes Chelsea boring.
    Benjamin: No they are not! They are tactical.
    James: Tactical football is boring.
    Benajmin: No it is not, it makes you win.
    James: Football is not about winning, Chelsea are boring.

45, 783 hours later

James: I said it many times, Chelsea are boring.
    Benjamin: No they are not.

This can go on forever you know, no matter how many articles one comes up with.
    You know, it has been said many times to me that Juventus was boring.. Of course, being one of 3 Juventini within a 500km radius, I had to respond..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)