Stadio Delle Alpi (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I can only think of one club that did that, the Bolton Wanderers club, they named their new stadium 'The Reebok Stadium' ...

Jul 12, 2002
I highly dislike stadiums names being sold. To me, your stadium is like your home. If you are going to name it, don't name it after something that doesn't reflect you. I think that Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Arsenal have the best stadium names: the Bernabeau, Nou Camp, and Highbury respectively. Other good ones are Man U: Old Trafford, Liverpool: Anfield, and Milan: San Siro. Juve need something like that, but distinctly Juve. Um, Delle Alpi anyone?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I highly dislike stadiums names being sold. To me, your stadium is like your home. If you are going to name it, don't name it after something that doesn't reflect you. I think that Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Arsenal have the best stadium names: the Bernabeau, Nou Camp, and Highbury respectively. Other good ones are Man U: Old Trafford, Liverpool: Anfield, and Milan: San Siro. Juve need something like that, but distinctly Juve. Um, Delle Alpi anyone?
i'll stick with the Stadium of the Alps anytime!sounds pretty cool too...:extatic::extatic:

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
Lemme try to help by reporting a news from my (ex) site..

NEW JUVE STADIUM NEWS (25 July)
I've received some informations about the new Stadium Juve is about to make. Those are some quick details. First of all the project is called "Progetto Sogno" (Dream Project). Juventus FC will be the owner of the Delle Alpi Stadium from October the 30th of 2002. We bought it for 22m € for 99 years. We also bought the Hyppodrome close to the Stadium, of 500,000 mq, and we will make the Sportal Center of Primavera and youth teams there. Giraudo said they want to make something like La Scala of Milan, the famous theater, one of the most famous of the world, with 10,000 prenotations months before the show and with no empty chairs. The new Stadium will have the name of a sponsor (like US Stadiums) and will be able to hosts 30,000 fans max (like UK Stadiums). With only prenotations. They'll cut the athletics parts of the stadium making it 100% for football. It will have a part of it with all the thophies of Juve showed, a Cinema Theater playing Juve games 24/7 and a Merchandise section with all the official shirts signed by players, caps, flags, etc.. The 3 stadiums Juve are looking for to restore the old Delle Alpi are 1. Bayer L., 2. Ajax, 3. PSV, and 4. Manchester UTD (of course). The works will start in 2003, and Juve will not move from Turin no more. It looks like a GREAT exciting project. Basically since TVs aint paying clubs no more, Juve is trying to get money from the stadium, by offering an unique show to the fans and by creating the most exciting Stadium in Europe.

Comments?

JKane

May 31, 2001
Two things ...

30 000 !? Are they dreaming !? We have an average of 40 000 at this moment of time and I'm sure we could get even more with a nice stadium without a running track.

The new stadium should at least be able to host 60 000 spectators. Oh and there should be big curves for our ultras. In the Delle Alpi only 15 000 people can be seated in our curves.

And then the name ...

I find it horrible to sell our stadiums's name. We'll be ending up like Bayern Munich (who want to name their new stadium "Allianz Arena"), Leverkusen (Bay - Arena) or HSV. :yuck:

NO WAY!

I want a name which underlines our tradition, our past, our glories. I want a name that underlines what we are: JUVENTUS!

Oh and I don't give a sh!t about the freakin' money. :D

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by JKane ] ++
    Oh and I don't give a sh!t about the freakin' money. :D
    I'm gonna be brutally honest with you....

I don't think you have a chance in hell at running for prez at Real Madrid... :LOL:

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JKane ] ++
    Sad thing, master.
    I'll have to discover another way to destroy them. :fero::eyepatch::excited::D
    Try by offering them Delle Alpi Stadium! Maybe they interested! They can buy it and do all the works..... just to spend some money.. lol. This year they didnt yet. C'mon.. tell them to help us! :howler:

BTW to change the name doesnt really mean a thing. I mean.. it will always be the Delle Alpi, not the "Patatine San Carlo" Stadium. Cause that's how common people will call it. Like San Siro-Meazza. The name of the sponsor will be there only for TV's. Italian basketball court alredy got names of their sponsors. But common people still call them with their original names. So i dont care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)