opinions on LUCA TONI (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I think he's an okay player.Haven't seen all that much of him, but he's a big presence up front.Remains to be seen if his stint in the national team will outlive Corradi's brief one though, lets not get caught up in all the hysteria over his hattrick which was IMO due to good positioning and a couple of very well placed assists more than anything else.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I thought he was a decent player in his Brescia days and since then my opinion of him has only improved. He has been an excellent goalscorer for Palermo and he has the potential to challenge for the capocannoniere title for years to come IMO. His physical attributes and stature make him a difficult prospect for opposing defenders even when the service to him isn't too great. He can head, he can finish, he can hold up the ball and I've seen him work for his team too. I'm going to try to not get too far ahead of myself as really and truly Luca still has a lot to prove and achieve in his football career but he certainly has some of the necessary qualities to be a great marksman for club and hopefully country too.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
he have to go to a big team and show what he can.
I actually think that he should stay where he is right now. Fiorentina are IMO on the way back up and they've definitely got a good enough squad to qualify for either the CL or the Uefa Cup next season. With promising youngsters such as Ujfalusi, Montolivo, Pazzini and Bojinov as well as experienced campaigners in the form of Frey, Pancaro, Fiore and Jorgensen, Fiorentina have a nice balance to their side and a great deal of quality. As the young players I mentioned above improve the club will improve and they are financial secure (atm anyways). They've been able to bring in players who can make a difference over the last two summers and will continue to do so.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
I think he's an okay player.Haven't seen all that much of him, but he's a big presence up front.Remains to be seen if his stint in the national team will outlive Corradi's brief one though, lets not get caught up in all the hysteria over his hattrick which was IMO due to good positioning and a couple of very well placed assists more than anything else.
2 key criteria to be a top goal scorer. good positioning sense will always help your team mates to assist you. Two top striker with that i can see in europe right now with that sense is Nistelrooy and our own Trezeguet. :)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Yes of course, I'm not denying that.

All I'm saying he still has to show alot of the other aspects of his game on the international stage, he's on the right track for sure but we shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #14
    the one thing that probably isnt on his side is age.
    he's around 28..rite?
    he got noticed at a late age unlike great strikers who showed signs of greatness at a very early age like shevchenko,trezeguet,gilardino,ronaldo etc.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Old fashined 9... Will do well as a back up for people like Trez. Mind you he got his hattrick against Belarus...

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #16
    yes he got his hattrick against belarus.
    but he's been very impressive for a little while now.
    he surely does have talent to do well on the big stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)