Whats Up With That?...The Stupid Side of Football (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Whats up with GKs kicking the ball all the way down the pitch? They are either giving up the ball to opposition or increasing the possibility of head injuries!

Whats up with the passing the ball forward at kick-offs rule?

Whats up with the smaller box inside the penalty area? It is not used anymore!

Whats up semi-circle at the top of each penalty box?

Any other stupid things in football that either should be removed or altered? What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    You know that in 1974 final, the officials realized that there were no corner flags only seconds before kickoff, I think Cruyff and another dutch player were actually standing over the ball to start the match....stupid!!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Wanna hear something really stupid...

There was a match here in my country, it was the Second Divition Semifinals, the winner will go to the finla to earn the promotion...

The visite side home side won 2-0 in the match, but after the game the other team complain becouse there was no flags in the corners...

Can you believe that they give the winin the table to the visiting side becouse there was no FREAKING FLAGS IN THE CORNERS!!!!

:wallbang:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

It's the line which all players have to stand behind during penalties.
    You sure about that? Can't the players just stand behind the penalty box?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    Wanna hear something really stupid...

There was a match here in my country, it was the Second Divition Semifinals, the winner will go to the finla to earn the promotion...

The visite side home side won 2-0 in the match, but after the game the other team complain becouse there was no flags in the corners...

Can you believe that they give the winin the table to the visiting side becouse there was no FREAKING FLAGS IN THE CORNERS!!!!

:wallbang:
    Now that's just retarded.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

You sure about that? Can't the players just stand behind the penalty box?
    no, they must be 10 yards from the ball, as with any free kick in which the player requests it. and that circle is part of the 10 yard radius from the penalty spot (not sure if its yard or meters, here its yards)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    i realize it would highly increase injuries, but i think shinguards should be optional. there's honestly a massive difference between how you play with them and how much better you can play without them. if a player doesnt wear them and gets hurt it should be his problem.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    The corner flags.

For fucks sake, we get it, the corner is where the two lines come together.

Retards.
    Actually, the corner flags are used for determining whether the ball went out for a throw-in or a corner kick. If the ball rolled out over the corner of the pitch, there'd be arguments to no end about whether it should be a throw-in or a corner. Every now and then the ball bounces off the corner flag and stays in play, I think that's kinda... cool :undecide:

++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    if a player doesnt wear them and gets hurt it should be his problem.
    In this day and age, it's not that simple. It's like workplace health and safety issues... that's like saying that it should be optional for construction workers not to wear hard-hats and safety harnesses... you can't just say that it's their problem if they get hurt... too many bothersome issues come with that kind of freedom :stress:

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

In this day and age, it's not that simple. It's like workplace health and safety issues... that's like saying that it should be optional for construction workers not to wear hard-hats and safety harnesses... you can't just say that it's their problem if they get hurt... too many bothersome issues come with that kind of freedom :stress:
    so make all insurance void if you dont wear them. then of course, why not wear pads on every other part of your body, im sure i get kicked in the calf just as much as i do on the shins. and if people have to resort to kicking you, you should just stop playing so damn well and pass the ball :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

Whats up semi-circle at the top of each penalty box?
    I think there's another use for these...if an infringement occurs in that semicircle( not in the box) the freekick awarded is taken at the edge of that line and no closer.Cos if FKs were taken in the arc the wall would have to stand practically at the end of the six yard box, a couple yards in front of the keeper.Also they'd be too easy to score probably.

I may be mistaken though.

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

what was it used for before ?
    I believe in that small box keepers were protected only there...but now its everywhere in the penalty area.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

I think there's another use for these...if an infringement occurs in that semicircle( not in the box) the freekick awarded is taken at the edge of that line and no closer.Cos if FKs were taken in the arc the wall would have to stand practically at the end of the six yard box, a couple yards in front of the keeper.Also they'd be too easy to score probably.

I may be mistaken though.
    i might be mistaken, but im a ref, and ive never heard of that :confused:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I read that somewhere IIRC, not too sure of it myself.

In any case it hardly comes into play or makes a difference since players rarely take FKs from the exact spot of the infringement anyway,so I don't suppose it matters all that much.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    I read that somewhere IIRC, not too sure of it myself.

In any case it hardly comes into play or makes a difference since players rarely take FKs from the exact spot of the infringement anyway,so I don't suppose it matters all that much.

yea but i doubt they move them backwards to get out of the semi-circle :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Actually, the corner flags are used for determining whether the ball went out for a throw-in or a corner kick. If the ball rolled out over the corner of the pitch, there'd be arguments to no end about whether it should be a throw-in or a corner. Every now and then the ball bounces off the corner flag and stays in play, I think that's kinda... cool :undecide:
    This makes sense to me... particularly with referees on the pitch having such a sharp angle to make such a judgement.

And afterall... Cassano needs something to kick around after goals to get yellow-carded anyway.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

This makes sense to me... particularly with referees on the pitch having such a sharp angle to make such a judgement.

And afterall... Cassano needs something to kick around after goals to get yellow-carded anyway.
    :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)