New Penelty Rule (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
I am watching Bahrain Vs. Uzbek right now...Uzbek won a penelty. but when the Uzbek player scored the penelty the ref cancelled it and gave bahrain a foul. The commentator said that this is a new rule, because another uzbek player entered the box before the penelty was shot the ref awarded bahrain a foul. Is this a new rule instead of just replaying the penalty? If so I think it is kinda stupid, players are just anxious. I dont think that they do it deliberately to distract the GK!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Its fine.. the motivation shouldnt affect the desicion of a foul... a foul is still a foul.

If a player fouls someone despite going for the ball, then he gets a yellow card.. there is no arguement ' but I was really going for the ball!' that is of course if the foul is bad enough.

So running in the box intentional or not.. it still distracts the goalie.

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Yes but cancel the penalty?!!! thats harsh

I mean the Uzbeks won a penalty because a Bahraini player handballed the ball from over the goal line....he didnt get a red card for it...just a penalty...which they eventually lost because the uzbeks entered the area.

Anyways I was just watching the analysis of the match and the commentator said that the ref shouldve replayed the penalty not award a foul...I am confused now...is there a New rule here or not?

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++
    Yes but cancel the penalty?!!! thats harsh

I mean the Uzbeks won a penalty because a Bahraini player handballed the ball from over the goal line....he didnt get a red card for it...just a penalty...which they eventually lost because the uzbeks entered the area.

Anyways I was just watching the analysis of the match and the commentator said that the ref shouldve replayed the penalty not award a foul...I am confused now...is there a New rule here or not?
    Well tough luck. That player knew the rules, so there is no excuse to break them, even if it wasnt intentional.

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    All i am asking is that did the uzbeks get treated by the book or not? is there such new rule or the ref screwed up?

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    oh, I see.

Well I have no idea, but as a goalkeeper who has particpated in penalty shootouts (with my friends but still:p) I can tell you the worst distractions are either people making sudden noise or people running in the box.

That said, I cheat often and move a foot off my line :D

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    looool but you know the rules!! you should be punished regardless if intentional or not:p:p

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    Ya they did but a goal makes all the difference...but i wont complain no more...hope bahrain makes it!

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    I doubt it's a new rule, because I haven't heard anything of it.
    Seven.. the ultimate reference point of football knowledge as usual ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)