Maresca blasts ‘defensive’ calcio (2 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Maresca blasts ‘defensive’ calcio Thursday 1 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enzo Maresca has taken a swipe at Italian football following his move to Sevilla over the summer.

The creative midfielder agreed to a Spanish switch after failing to establish himself in Italy and he is eager to prove a point.

"I don’t like Italian football," he said. "By moving here, I can finally express all of my potential by playing as an attacking midfielder – a role which gets the best out of me."

The former West Brom ace is likely to be fielded just behind the strikers with his new club, a position he wasn’t permitted to play in during spells at Juventus and Fiorentina.

"People just think about defending in Italy but I am more motivated to attack and entertain. Football in Spain is different as there is more space to attack."

The former Under-21 international made his debut in the 1-0 win over Racing at the weekend.

However, he may be set for a spell on the sidelines after picking up a knee injury in training on Wednesday.

source: channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Maresca really does seem to be a media lover. He has controversial quotes like this every month, much too often for a player of his calibre.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
:yawn: @ Maresca...

In what league did Kaka, Zidane, Platini and Baggio make their names? In what league did Maradona become a god?

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
:yawn: @ Maresca...

In what league did Kaka, Zidane, Platini and Baggio make their names? In what league did Maradona become a god?
Not to mention Adriano, Del Piero (yes, him), and Ronaldo ..

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
maresca just said the truth.... it is incrideble how much space the players have in spain..
I don´t think that spanish football is stronger, but they play much offensiver..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)