no more Serie A on SCV? (1 Viewer)

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
for the first time in a year and a half i will not watch a juventus serie a match and all the others i have to go to a bar to watch the games becuause i aint got them anymore on tv :(

OP
MikagaMi

MikagaMi

Aug 27, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    any1 any way to help... sighzz...
    have not missed any juve match on scv...
    now suddenly no match to watch...
    sighzzz

erado

Nov 2, 2004
    no more SerieA in SCV? how about the 9pm slot?

Fortunately, Juve vs Chi is Live later in Malaysia, but i doubt I can watch it at 2.30am... :(

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Here in Indonesia, I got new channels on my satelitte pay tv.....Its starting to be really hard following the serie A games. Just two seasons ago I could watch 4 matches a week. Now only one.

Good thing I have the pay channel at Indovision, channel 1,2,3 are soccer dedicated channels and Serie A is shown on Channel 1 3 times a week.
    While a local TV station shows one other. That makes it 4, and Im happy.

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
    Fans in Singapore! Hi, my name's Farah and I haven't been here in years but this is an issue I'm very passionate about and I'm looking for as much support as I can get in trying to get Serie A back on our cable TV.

I've spoken to SCV and the word is "there are no immediate plans" to broadcast Serie A... and I'm like, go to hell! You made me pay more for sports channels because of bloody EPL and now you're cancelling my Serie A??!! But of course, this is just the trained speech from the call centre staff so the point is that we need to get an actual statement from the Management of SCV - if they're cancelling Serie A broadcasts, then they should at least have the basic courtesy to inform us consumers beforehand, right?

Nevertheless, in spite of the "authoritarian" nature of organisations in Singapore in general, I do believe if enough of us make a hell of a lot of noise - and I'm talking letters to the Straits Times forum, and I'm working on getting some contacts in The New Paper to cover this story as well - then we will be able to get our Serie A coverage... or at least not have to pay more for sports channels and programmes we don't care about (read: 6 live EPL games a week with pre- and post-match analyses... puh-lease. :rolleyes: ).

So start by bombarding the SCV hotline with calls and screwing them up for depriving us of OUR football!!!!! Keep writing to the Straits Times until they publish our letters!!! We can get Serie A back on our TV - and our strength is in our numbers, and with some pressure, SCV will have to get off their inefficient asses and "negotiate" before the season actually ends!! :(

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    Hi Farah, keep the good work up and keep the lines at the call centre busy!

I'll be flooding the ST Forum page soon. :)
    Desmond can u provide me the link to the ST forums?

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
    Thanks for getting into this, Desmond! :)

And please spread the word to your friends, and other forums/groups where there are Singaporean Serie A fans as well! :yes:

ZhiXin, you can write to the ST forum this way:

Want a letter published in the ST Forum page?
    Please email [email protected] and include your full name as it appears in your IC, your address and a telephone contact number

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    I will wait for the next game which is at 911 and see what happens on that day.
    You want the games...you have to do something about it.

Don't just sit here and wait for others to fight the battle for you.

:cool:

kaltz

Mar 17, 2003
    Agree Meow! :thumb:

We can also write to The New Paper and encourage them to cover the story:

http://newpaper.asiaone.com/

Click on the link on the left-hand side bar that says "Got a story? Email us".

Or call them direct at 1800 733 4455.

We have two weeks until the next round of matches - so the harder we work on this now, the more pressured SCV will be to broadcast our games SOON!! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)