Mauro Camoranesi (1 Viewer)

Camoranesi16

Jul 23, 2005
I can't believe there's no Camoranesi Thread after the 04\05 season!

He was in my opinion the best player this season. Not because he is my favourite player but because he has been on top of his game all season! Players like emerson and cannavero should also be on the list but in my Opinion it was Camoranesi who stod out most.

Camoranesi was the best player in the last seasons 2 most important matches.
Juventus - Real Madrid
Milan - Juventus

The game against real madrid Camoranesi played together with a half-broken and weak Zebina against Roberto Carlos and Zidane! the rightflank fight were won by the Juventino midfielder.

in The Game against Milan Camo played a fantastic game holding the ball high up in the opponents half and showing some nice piece of skill. although Zambrotta made a fantastic defensiv effort I dont see him worrying Milan as much as Camoranesi did!

And then to finish my post. Didn't Camoranesi score most assists in Serie A after Totti?? I thin I read in some magazine a month ago!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
First of all welcome to the forums :)

I think I'm in a minority as I've never been overly impressed with Camo's abilities so I'll leave it to the others to heap praise on him.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
Welcome to the forum!
It's a shame that there hasn't been any Camoranesi threads on this forum before now. Because he deserves it. He was one of the best player we had last season and I hope and think that he will just as good this season too.
Forza Camo!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I agree, Camo deserve a thread, simply a great season, even Fantastic...He's a great player, hope he'll continue on this way...

and Welcome Camo to the Forums.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hear hear. Camo was one of our top performers last season and was a major difference in a number of critical games.

I do think he has gaps in his game still (e.g., I think his effectiveness diminishes significantly in the center of the pitch, when he's not on his wing), and there are times where I wish his consistency was better. He had a great season last year, but I'm still cautious to see if he can repeat that kind of performance.

That said, I think the lack of a Camo thread to date underscores how he isn't necessarily overrated ... at least yet.

OP
Camoranesi16

Camoranesi16

Jul 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    Camoranesis weakest point is not his consistancy... I recon his biggest weaknes his will to score.
    Far to often have I seen camoranesi giving a pass instead of scoring himself, or getting nervous when in a scoring oppurtonaty. And lets face it. A player that score goals is a player that can "make a diffrence" in most peoples eyes.
    Nedved is a perfect example of that....

If Camo could score a couple of decisive goals and learn to cut in to a more central role.. he will be a dreamplayer for everyone...

Thanks by the way. New here, trying to make myself heard ; )

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Welcome to the forums, Furat!

And good point about his goalscoring. He does seem hesitant when faced with an open goal. I think he sees just as many scoring opportunities, but I've seen him shank a few shots, mostly pass, and occasionally score when there's a straightforward header involved. It's definitely one element of his game that could stand to take him up a couple of notches.

OP
    Camoranesi16

Camoranesi16

Jul 23, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    He may loose the ball often but then again I think he is the player that dribbles most inte the team and that holds the ball for most time....

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
    camo loses the ball way too often.
    thats primarily why i dont think he's a great player.
    for a creative midfielder,he souldnt be losing the ball so often.
    If you check statistics,you will find that he is also the player that has more conducting ball time in the whole team. And his lost possesion against the number of times he stoles the ball is simply amazing....

He maybe isnt a star or big shot. But he has become extremely utile for the team, and that is what counts.......

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
    I've always been a fan of Mauro since I first saw him in the Verona side with Gilardino and Oddo.

Last season he was probably the third best performer after Cannavaro and Ibrahimovic. Plenty of skill and effort on the right, wiggling his way past defenders and making plenty of assists for the forwards.

He is unlikely to be benched unless a right-sided midfield player arrives and as already noted, he will form a midfield four of Camo / Vieira / Emerson / Nedved.

If Mancini arrives as expected. he (Camo) will be rotated with the others on an occassional basis for the 'easier' Serie A matches, in readiness for the harder 'A' matches and the Champions League group matches.

At present he is literally indispensible.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    off topic :
    do you think he's good enuff to play for italy?i dont think he is...just like christiano zanetti.i think they're avergae players.
    and the reason why we all(me excluded) seem to like camo so much because is bcoz he's the only remotley creative player in a very stagnant midfield at juventus.i still think that he's over rated.
    if given the choice,id have zambrotta on the right wing.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    off topic :
    do you think he's good enuff to play for italy?i dont think he is...just like christiano zanetti.i think they're avergae players.
    and the reason why we all(me excluded) seem to like camo so much because is bcoz he's the only remotley creative player in a very stagnant midfield at juventus.i still think that he's over rated.
    Your making no-sense.

How are the criteria to rate a player??? The most logical and fair way to do it is for the results he produces. And Mauro efectivity has been inquestionable.this is the main reason why Lippi and Trappatoni count on him for NT.

If you said that you dont like the way he plays, that fine. But dont underrate a player for that.... :cool:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    off topic :
    yeah thats pretty much correct imo :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)