Who is more imbecilic? Moratti or Perez? (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As I read through a Channel 4 article describing the same old nonsensical signings and sales by Real Madrid President Florentino Perez, I can't help but wonder who really is the more inept of the two: Moratti or Perez.

Over at Inter we have an owner who buys buys buys, exchanges players like Seedorf and Pirlo for Coco and Helveg, seemingly always looking for a great deal that will backfire in his face, yet he has not seen his club win the Scudetto during his tenure. Doesn't Massimo Moratti understand one of the most important aspects in football is team solidarity? How can there be a sense of being wanted at Inter when more than 8 players are brought in and shipped out every summer?

Then down in Madrid we have Perez, who, once again, agrees to sign more attacking reinforcements while shopping Walter Samuel at the same time. The latter has just joined Moratti's Inter (how ironic) after having a below par year in Madrid. Doesn't Real understand they usually have a problem in this defensive department and that players sometimes take a year to settle down at a club? Even though Samuel had a bad year, he's still a quality defender, right? So should we throw away another good defender and buy another attacker instead...no wait...two attackers instead? Why does Real keep doing this? These transfer policies are so stupid and any average football fan can pick apart these seemingly retarded decisions. Another case of dumb and dumber.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    However, Perez actually has something to show for his efforts, even though IMO he inherited an already special squad with Guti, Hierro, and others ready to go. He didn't have to create a base, and to be honest it's not hard to find "Galacticos" you would like to have in your squad. I certainly respect Moratti more than Florentino Perez, though.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    I vote for Moratti.
    at least Prez spend money for players such as Zidane and Ronaldo but Moratti's spending=wasting.
    Prez and Real Madrid barely miss one of their good players,but Moratti is an expert in this case:
    Roberto Carlos,Frey,Mutu,Keane,Ferrari,Crespo,Ronaldo,
    Cannavaro and so.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Perez wins money wise as he is signing players that bring in money for the club even if the club is no winning, but as who is more stupid it is really a tough one.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
    agreed, at least Perez has won silverware and in less time, moratti wins because he shows no sign of learning from his mistakes, every year it's a crazy cash splurge and player transfer circus but maybe this year he'll get it right! Hope not though, I like laughing at inter's failures :D

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Has to be Perez. It's not entirely Moratti's fault that his signings turn to crap when they show up in an Inter jersey.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    :eek:

A thread about stupid presidents and no mention of Sensi, I feel left out :(
    Oh, not to neglect you there, Nicole. ;)

But really -- Sensi hasn't made nonsensical transfer moves the way that, say, Perez has. He has far less resources at his disposal and has generally gotten a bit out of them. Among the many areas where I might ridicule Sensi, this is actually not one of them. :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    Perez has actually won trophees.
    Moratti hasn't.
    However, if Perez had actually used common sense and signed more defensive players, Real Madrid might have won even more trophies. It was obvious the team needed a centerback and a defensive midfielder, yet he signed David Beckham and Michael Owen, leaving the two former entities alone. What sort of manager does not fix a glaring problem? Either he didnt care about it or just thought he had enough defenders at the time...clearly the wrong assessment. It doesn't get more basic than fixing the problem that sits in front of you. If you are not able to do that, you might as well haul your ass out of the aforementioned profession.

Moratti may see the problem, and does a decent job trying to fix it, however sometimes it just does not work out in the end for the Inter supremo.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Hard to say to be honest. On one hand Perez has won trophies only because he signed players in the top bracket. Of course that doesnt guarantee success, but he nonetheless got something out of it. On the other, we have Moratti who cant seem to get anything right, no matter who he signs. I started off writing this post in defense of Moratti, but I cant seem to convince myself enough. The more I think about it, I realise, Moratti is only getting worse by signing players from Madrid who are well and truly past it. Solari and Figo in my opinion, are going to do precious little. I dont know what he's got in mind, but with a midfield like the one already at his disposal, he has no excuse to buy any further. Coming back to Perez, and his transactions of the previous year. He actually went out and bought Owen, when he had Raul, Ronaldo and Morientes at his disposal. Why? Because he let go of Morientes who imo had performed better than any one of those strikers in that year. His decisions are as usual way clouded from a footballing standpoint at least. Moving on to this year and the sale of Walter Samuel, a stellar defender who would have well and truly solved Madrid's problems once he settled down, but with Perez's money making tactics and marketing policies at the helm, he wasnt even allowed to do that. In conclusion, I think I'll just say, birds of a feather flock together, and leave it at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)