Juventus - Reggina (Coppa Italia) (1 Viewer)

OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    i think you right, if they get rested again they will be out of focus on sunday, and we'll lose again.

back to reality!

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
    i guess on a 4-0 win to juventus...

will trezeguet play that game?

if so i think he will score 1 of the goals...

forza juve and im sad over last nights game :(

Sh@d0w

Dec 7, 2002
    right... perugia is next in the league... i wouldnt mind see trez pass over reggina game and play the perugia one...

i want to se our trezegol score alot... only 4-5 months left in the league...lol

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Lippi's analysis
    16 12 2002

The day after the stop against Lazio, Marcello Lippi analyze the situation of the team: “In this period we had some highs and lows. One of the bad match was surely yesterday’s one, played against an excellent opponent. But we don’t have to exaggerate, we’re still playing in all the competitions thanks to the good work done till now by the guys in these months, where the group was without many important player.”

“The last thing I’m worried about now is the distance from the top of the league, because the Serie A is long and we have time to recover. It’s not true we’re thinking more about Champions League than about Serie A: it may happen that after a match played on a Wednesday, like we did against Basel, we can not to be at the best. It could have happened the same also if the two competitions were inverted. There’s no reason to worry about this situation: after the Christmas holidays we’ll have the chance to recover. Who is thinking that Juventus is out of the fight for the Scudetto is wrong.”

Someone asked if there were any problem with the forwards, and Lippi answered this way: “There was a light general decrease. About our forwards I can say that Del Piero started in an incredible way and now he’s had a little low. Trezeguet was out for a long time and now he can’t be used in all the matches straight away. Di Vaio started well, then he had an injury ad he suffered for that, having also some psycological problems because, like in Brescia, he didn’t succeed in doing some things. Salas wants to play but he was out for a long time and he needs more time to get back at the top of his form. Zalayeta had some good moments and some less performing ones. Actually we couldn’t use the richness of our group because of the many injuries.”

On Wednesday’s match against Reggina (Coppa Italia), Lippi explained this: “The important will is to get through also this round to keep on playing also in this competition. I’ll go nearly for the same team which played the away match”.

Just Hear this :
    Di Vaio is Suffuring psycological problems :LOL::LOL:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    I dont think thats funny. Bosnich has clinical depression I think and thats definitely not funny.

JuVE, dont mean to be a wet blanket, but please understand that this is a delicate situation, until we know that it was just temporary,

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
    I dont think thats funny. Bosnich has clinical depression I think and thats definitely not funny.

JuVE, dont mean to be a wet blanket, but please understand that this is a delicate situation, until we know that it was just temporary,
    Laresca I Realy don't get your Point nor Understand what You mean but what i Really think is that Di Vaio Is Not Suffering anything at all Not psycological problems nor Other.............:confused:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++

Laresca I Realy don't get your Point nor Understand what You mean but what i Really think is that Di Vaio Is Not Suffering anything at all Not psycological problems nor Other.............:confused:
    I mean that psychological problems can be pretty serious...It may just be that he's pissed off but I hope its not any more...

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Next thing you know Juve fans will have 'psycological problems' too .. C'mon, he's a professional .. he needs to handle it well, get back on the horse and score goals for fun !!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Same team, same scoreline will do just fine. Throw in Salas & Di Vaio - This is where they should overcome their problems. Also let Zala have a piece of the action. By all means rest all the biggies for this one.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++

I mean that psychological problems can be pretty serious...It may just be that he's pissed off but I hope its not any more...
    Ok I Got the Point Now...........:angel::angel:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Here's the list of the 19th players called by Marcello Lippi for the Coppa Italia Tim Cup match of Wednesday against Reggina. There are six Primavera's players:

6 Salvatore FRESI
    7 Gianluca PESSOTTO
    8 Antonio CONTE
    9 Marcelo SALAS
    12 Antonio CHIMENTI
    14 Cristian ZENONI
    15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
    16 Mauro CAMORANESI
    18 Marco DI VAIO
    20 Davide BAIOCCO
    22 Landry BONNEFOI
    23 Ruben OLIVERA
    24 Emiliano MORETTI
    25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
    32 Mattia CASSANI
    37 Matteo PARO
    42 Marco BRIGHI
    43 Daniele GASTALDELLO
    44 Raffaele PALLADINO

Players rested: Trezeguet, Iuliano, Ferrara, Thuram, Davids, Nedved, Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Del Piero, and Buffon.

Injured: Tudor.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    It’s nearly time for the Winter pause. There are only two matches left to play for: the first one scheduled for Wednesday, December the 18th, the return match of the fourth round of Coppa Italia where Juventus will host Reggina at Delle Alpi. In the away match, the Bianconeri won 2-0 at the Granillo, thanks to goals scored by Salas-Zalayeta, but that doesn’t mean that the bianconeri will be relaxed.

And Antonio Conte reminded to everyone the importance of the match against Reggina: “For us it’s not a match less important than the others. Matches like this are useful for players who are recovering from injuries or is not an usual starter to give a good impression to the coach and gain some room in the next matches in Serie A and Champions League. That’s why tomorrow’s players will give their best just like it happened in Reggio Calabria”.

Among the players who are coming out from injuries and want to use these 90 minutes against the “amaranto” to show to be fit there’s also Antonio Conte. After the full match in the away match against Reggina, and the bits of matches against Brescia and Basel, the midfielder will try to realize which is his condition: “I haven’t had a really good time recently but in the last three weeks I’ve been training with my teammates. The match against Reggina will be a good exam to show to Lippi that he can count on me”.

Against Reggina, bianconeri want also to reply to some criticism and to whom who spoke of crisis for Juventus. According to Conte there was an exaggerated criticism against Juventus: “A single defeat can’t ruin our march, which has been till now really good, even better than last year’s one. As soon as you have some problems, you receive criticism straight away but it’s not a problem for us because we’re used to it. We’re trying to make understand to the newcomers that there’s no need to worry because this is normal thing in this world. It has always been like that. This is a competitive group and it will recover”.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Although, I totally agree with Lippi and Conte that we are not out of championship, I am alarmed by the lack of urgency in the squad. The defeat for us and win for Mian could signal the end for our championship hopes. 9points would give us huge phsycological damage and might not recover from it. After all, Serie A is not like EPL. You just can't afford to have a long spell of bad runs. If we have a run like Liverpool then we would end up in mid table position! We must break out poor sequence of results from our game agains Reggina. I expect the team to be aggressive and show the desire to win. It would be nice if Salas, Zalayeta and Di Vaio can break their barren spells.

FORZA JUVE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)