Juventus: fact, figures...etc (28 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
First of all I don't really know if this is a duplicate thread or not...Mods if it is do ur thing;)

I want to share these historical facts about Juve with you guys. hope you like it:D

Juve's Historical Jerseys

The first Juve Jersey as most of us know was the pink one it looked something like this

Juventus played throughout history with lots of different colors:

Logos on Jerseys

It is said that this jersey was juve's in the 30's... of course u can see the logo has the english style

Then different styles emerged and a lot of them without even a logo!!

as you can see there is no logo! (fisrt Picture)
after getting our first star...the star was placed over the italian flag if we won the scudetto (2nd picture)
and in the years that we didnt win the scudetto the star only was placed on the jersey (3rd picture)

After getting the 2nd star jerseys looked something like this:

The first picture was in the years where we won the scudetto
the second picture were in the years we won the cup
and the third picture were in the years were won nothing:( (not a pretty sight eh?)...in this last one you can see the a small logo underneath the neck

LOGOS

in the 1920's

1940's

1970's

1980's

1990's

Current :D
]

Jersey Brands

1979-2000 Kappa
2000-2001 Ciaoweb e Lotto
2001-2002/2002-2003 Lotto
2003-2004 to today (Obviously:p) Nike

Sponsors

1981-1989 Ariston
1989-1992 Upim
1992-1995 Danone
1995-1998 Sony
1998-1999 D+ and Tele+
1999-2000 Tele+ and Sony
2000-2001 Tele+ and Sportal.com
2001-2002 Fastweb and TU
2002-2004 Fastweb and Tamoil
2004-2005 Sky and Tamoil

Juve Stadiums Throughout History

Parco del Valentino e Parco Cittadella

1898-1904
Piazza d'Armi

1904-1906
Velodromo Umberto I

1906-1908
Piazza d'Armi

1908-1922
Campo di corso Sebastopoli

1922-1933
Campo di corso Marsiglia

1933-1990
Stadio Comunale

Since 1990 to today
Stadio Delle Alpi

Matches and Numbers

Juventus's first official match was against Torinese on 11/3/1900
Juventus's 100th official match was against Lombarda on 23/11/1913
Juventus's 500th official match was against Lazio on 20/11/1932
Juventus's 1000th official match was againstBologna on 1/2/1948
Juventus's 1500th official mat was against Fiorentina on 10/5/1961
Juventus's 2000th official match was against Torino on 28/6/1972
Juventus's 2500th official match was against Catanzaro on 28/8/1983
Juventus's 3000th official match was against Piacenza on 19/12/1993
Juventus's 3500th official match was against Milan on 1/11/2003

Important Dates

On 1/11/1897 Juventus was created.
On 9/4/1905 Juventus won their first championship (First time winning the scudetto without being actually a part in a match....like this year which is the second time it happens)
On 13/9/1959 Juventus won their first Italian cup
On 18/5/1977 Juventus won their first european cup
On 29/5/1985 Juventus won their first CL (Heysel Tragedy :()
On 8/12/1985 Juventus won their first Intercontinental Cup
On 16/1/1985 Juventus won their first European Super Cup
On 17/1/1996 Juventus won their first Italian Super cup
On 24/1/2003 Gianni Agnelli died

I hope you find this informative and interesting guys...of course share any facts, figures, statistics...etc about juve

SHARE THE JUVE KNOWLEDGE!! :strong:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Thanx man...Ill try to get some more of these facts and post them soon:)

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    I can see them from my pc....I dont really know...I made a website at tripod just for this post and posted the pics over there so i could link them to the post they worked just fine but i dont know why some of u guys cant see it:confused: :confused: anybody know how i can solve this problem??

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by acedriver ] ++
    can't see the images..

try using photobucket.com for image hosting.
    Thanx ace iv tried photobucket and its working now....hope it continues working unlike tripod

Anyways guys sorry for the inconvenience hope you find this informative:D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I wonder if Torino didnt have that unfortunate accident which killed the whole team (dominant Champions), would Juve be the team it is now? or would we be in Torino's position?

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    thx Geof..I found them in an arabic juventus forum....and i give all the credit to a poster there named FerasJuve...my integrity demands ;)...He has lots of interesting posts about juve's history...when I have time ill try to translate them:D

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    It's nice to see that the 1920s logo still resembles the current one.
    And i dont know what were they thinking with that 1980's logo. When I saw it I had my doubts. I wasnt old enough to remember. Can anybody confirm it??

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    As promised, I've finally compiled all the statistics about the games we've played so far, and will update it after every match. Please note that I've put a lot of work into this and that misstakes are possible when inputing information. If you notice a misstake please be understanding and let me know of it and I'll do my best to rectify it. Also, if you notice in places that the numbers from the 3 tables dont add up, remember that we played the Super Cup against Inter.

The file is a zipped Microsoft Excel workbook attached at the bottom of the post.

NOTE: Last Updated 06/11/2005 (after Juventus-Livorno)

The workbook contains the following information (on 16 different sheets):

- TeamStats: an overview of team statistics with information about games played (G), games won (W), drawn (D) and lost (L), as well as information about goals scored (F) and conceded (A), goals scored per game (F/G) and goals conceded per game (A/G) and the number of points won (PTS) and points won per game (PPG). The information is divided into 4 sections (All Competitions, Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia), all of which contain information about games played at home, away and combined.

- GoalPeriods: contains information about the periods of the match goals were scored or conceded in, for Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia, as well as a combined table for All Competitions.

- GoalPositions: contains information about the position of the players scoring goals, for Serie A, Champions League and All Competitions. Note: Manuele Blasi is counted as a midfielder, and Adrian Mutu as a forward.

- Minutes: contains information about the number of minutes played for every player, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions

- Goals: the number of goals scored for all players, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- Penalties: the number of penalties scored for all players, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- MBG (Minutes Between Goals): contains information about minutes between scoring goals (Minutes/Goals) for all players, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- Assists: the number of assists made for every player, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.
    Note: I personaly decide whether or not to give an assist after seeing a goal. Assists are given for direct assists, but also for rebounded shots and winning a penalty. Assists are not, however, given for winning a scoring freekick.

- MBG (Minutes Between Assists): contains information about minutes between making assists (Minutes/Assists), divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- Points: contains the information of about the number of offensive points for every player, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.
    Note: The scoring system is as follows:
    - Goal 10 pts
    - Penalty 8 pts
    - Assist 7 pts
    - Winning a Penalty 5 pts

- MBP (Minutes Between Points): contains information about the minutes between scoring a point (Minutes/Pts) for every player, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- Cards: contains information about yellow and red cards recieved by every player, as well as a total of cards won by the team, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- Start: contains information about the number of matches each player has started in the first team (first 11), divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- Bench: contains information about the number of matches each player has started from the bench, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- SubIn: contains information about the number of times each player has been substituted in, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

- SubOut: contains the information about the number of times each player has been substituted out, divided into sections for Serie A, Champions League, Coppa Italia and All Competitions.

Enjoy,

Zlatan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)