Juventus after Serbian starlet Simon Vukcevic (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
During the World Cup Qualifier between Serbia and Belgium this afternoon the English commentators stated Juventus are trying to secure the services of 19 year-old Partizan prodigy Simon Vukcevic. The talented Serb is a highly creative midfielder with a great left-peg, able to find anybody on the pitch with his great passing skills and vision. He also is very difficult to control with his slick ball skills, and today he came on in the 78th minute and troubled Belgium with his first touch of the ball. Vukcevic is already being labled the next Dejan Savicevic, so he has some big shoes to fill.

I have only seen him play a few times but I have been very impressed with the kid. He seems to be very mature with the ball for a 19 year-old and looks like he has a very solid build.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
    I wouldn’t trust what English commentators say ;)

It's been documented before, but not in English. Most people have not really heard of Vukcevic to begin with.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
    I found this article about him

Partizan keeping Vukcevic for one more year?
    by Damir Jovanovic

Having Champions League ambitions means that you need to have a great number of quality players in your line up. With these thoughts Partizan Beograd the new Champion of Serbia and Montenegro is entering the summer transfer window without any intentions to sell their jewels cheap.

There-for there is a great possibility that the biggest talent in Serbia at the present moment Simon Vukcevic (Simon Vukčevi&#263 get to stay at JNA (Partizan) stadium, as there is no serious offer for him.

“Everybody talks, but none of them really placed a real offer for me, so I doubt that I will go abroad this summer. Anyhow that wouldn’t be a bad thing as I am looking forward to battle with Partizan and enter the Champions League with the “Undertakers,” Vukcevic said in an interview for local press in Belgrade.

The 19-year-old midfielder has played 24 league matches in the Serbian First Division and scored 9 goals, he’s gifted for controlling the ball well under pressure and is a dribbling maestro. Overall by football skills and movements he reminds us of Alessandro Del Piero from Juventus.

Hopefully he will stay and help Partizan to enter the Champions league for the second time in their history since former Yugoslavia dissolved. But if any good standing offer come, Partizan director Nenad Bjekovic confirmed that he will unfortunately sell the youngster .

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, if he really is as good as they say, I wouldn't mind having him here, but I think the comparations with Dejan are a bit premature.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I haven't seen this kid play but he's got to have at least some potential if he's being compared to Savicevic and Del Piero.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    As i remember Boban and Savicevic could play in the same team during the Balkan war, as they were intelligent enough not to generalise their opinion about the others home country.

Seemingly you are not.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    buy him, loan him for 5 years and he'll end up in Serie B.

OR, for a change, Moggi can buy him, play him on bench and actually utilise him and show some faith in him.

i see the top sentence being most realistic for a young player joining juve these days.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
    As i remember Boban and Savicevic could play in the same team during the Balkan war, as they were intelligent enough not to generalise their opinion about the others home country.

Seemingly you are not.
    Great post. :star:

Blind

May 8, 2005
    I saw the Serbia-Belgium match today, and I was really impressed by Simon Vukcevic. Especially when he took that free kick 30-35 yards out, and almost scored.
    He did remind me on Del Piero a bit, especially when he just got on the field, requested the ball and drippled past 2 Belgium players and the only way he got stopped was by being fouled.
    Def. a good signing, but not now, as he needs more experience. And if he happens to ever consider moving to the Seria A, he most likey will end up where he is promised to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)