Did Juve deserve the title !! (5 Viewers)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
Here's an intersting feedback from a guy claiming that Juve didn't deserve the title at all :

Deserved? I’d definitely say no. I mean guys? Juventus? Yeah right. I say one thing ’Juve-Liverpool 0-0’. And I think that’s all there is to say. What an astonishingly boring match. Half the world saw Juve-Liverpool 0-0. What an image for Italian football. Bravo Juve you did great woooow. And the same cowards win the title by stealing points through referee wrong decisions, boring play and etc... They irritate me to the fullest. They win the title and so? What does a title mean if you played all the season without joy and heart? I mean think about it. Do you think anybody would love to see the goals of Juve again? Huh...no!!! A title season should be legendary. And other teams like Milan and Inter and others play with heart and joy. Well, they deserve the title. Not heartless Juve. I’m an Italian and I h*** Spanish teams, but at this moment I admit: Barca--beautiful, full of joy, magnificent goals, magnificent players, great atmosphere against Juve--old, nerd play, scared, boring, raw fighting spirit (actually always luck), empty stadium, tasteless, infinite luck and they score only corner goals. Trezeguet is always injured. Did he actually play this season? Nedved. Where was he? Hoohoo where are you Pavel? Juve, you can have your title, really. Such a ridiculous season. Half the world will think: Juve champion? How can that be? Those incapables who were outplayed by a Liverpool side that missed 5 or more key players? Huh? I hope next season Barca will humiliate Juve in the quarter finals. What will they think then? Juve, does there ring a bell? Does the bell ring? You are boring. Actually I think all the members of the past season should get there money back. And I’m not kidding. Juve-Liverpool had an attendance of 60000. I bet they all fell asleep. Before 60000 people they succeeded in nothing. They even didn’t show heart or determination. Shameless before 60000 people. But what did the Juve players instead? Of course! They weren’t ashamed. Three days later they won against Lecce 5-2.

That was their answer to the fans. I thought in myself ’5-2 good result, only it’s a bit too late, isn’t it Juve?’ I mean Juve-Liverpool was very very important, not Juve-Lecce! Are they stupid? L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L, not L-E-C-C-E. Really I felt betrayed as a Juve fan. In this way many Juve fans will turn their back to Juve. But I bet they’ll remain going on this unattractive road. THANKS JUVE YOU BROKE MY HEART.

PS: Del Piero ti amo, sei GRANDE!! Del Piero remains great whatsoever.
PPS: I must say I always cheered for all Italian teams, not one specific. Juve is out of my heart now however. Sad.

Samuel Cateau :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
so his main argument for Juve not deserving to win the Italian championship is one match in the Champions League...

riiiight

OP
Huzi

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    i just find that there are people around the world hate Juve a special hatered , not an ordinary one !!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    He has got a point. Not about whether or not the title is deserved though. Apart from that pretty much everything he says makes sense.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    how can anybody say they didnt deserve to win the league?they were leading from day one and conquered every challenge despite some problems (ibrahimovic ban, injuries etc)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm sorry, but FVCK PRETTY FOOTBALL. :fero: I am so sick and tired of this complete crock of shit about how it's not good enough to win titles and trophies in this sport. You have to do it with a veneer of style, finesse, and WWE-like entertainment value.

Are sports fans so shallow that they cannot be satisfied with victories over their enemies? Rather, winning is meaningless unless they provide some kind of circus or ballet act? Do World Cup victories now have to be recognized not only by stars over national team emblems, but stars with special colors signifying their creative flair and joyous entertainment value in the process? Just how whiny, petty, and pathetic have we become as sports fans when the DVD of the season's goals becomes more valuable than the league title?

The next sportswriter who goes on to whine about how the tactics of Greece in Euro 2004 and Liverpool in the CL are killing the game (and yes, I was pulling for their opponents in these competitions), I would love to slam their head five times in a car door to beat some sense into their whiny little heads and tell them to stick to watching figure skating instead. There they can evaluate the sport on all the style points they want and pontificate on the merits its beauty and finesse.

A win is a win. A trophy is a trophy. The rest is just gravy. Hence my response to the same question a few paragraphs before this cited one:

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=63169&idSez=16

Personally, this season Juve deserved to be treated like most other Scudetto winners of past years -- i.e., nobody should even bring up the presumptive question of whether or not it was deserved.
    Sorry. Recomposed. Off soapbox. We return you to your regularly-scheduled rants.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    We really deserved the title, no question about it! From day 1 we topped the serie A. leading from start to finish... Its like saying Schumacher never deserved to win the race ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    What is the point of playing a football match? Is it to put on a circus act for the onlooking fanbase? I don't think so. The purpose of playing a football match is to win, not fool around with the ball and please the "neutrals." Why play football if the purpose is not solely to win? As Greg stated if pretty manuevers are the only thing you care about, go watch figure skating.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    What is the point of playing a football match? Is it to put on a circus act for the onlooking fanbase? I don't think so. The purpose of playing a football match is to win, not fool around with the ball and please the "neutrals." Why play football if the purpose is not solely to win? As Greg stated if pretty manuevers are the only thing you care about, go watch figure skating.
    Football is about winning. But if it's all about winning, then isn't the way how you win important as well? To me it certainly is. It's nice we won this scudetto, but it isn't one I'll remember. The one we won in 2002 I'll always cherish, because that was simply amazing. This was rather ordinary. Sure it was ok tactically speaking, but it wasn't all that great either. Our tactics weren't that nice to watch either and we were quite lucky at times. So yes, I was a little disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)