Cannavaro"Players more Important" (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Cannavaro: Players More Important Than Coaches
6/3/2005 10:34:00 AM
The Italian national team captain diminished the importance of coaches when compared to players.
After Fabio Capello spent weeks receiving compliments for the excellent Scudetto conquered by Juventus, Fabio Cannavaro declared that a coach’s significance within a team is minimal.

“I have my own idea on the coaches, that they matter 15% or 20%. They must especially be good in managing the dressing room and the difficult moments, but then it’s the players who go on the pitch.”

Cannavaro also compared Capello to Marcello Lippi.

“Maybe Capello is tougher, whilst Lippi is more available. However they are similar.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
No, It doesn't...and I actually agree with him.
But in other times you say that Lippi is the greatest and can win titles, and then you say that Ancelotti is superb that plays modern football etc.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Well u can look at the example of these 2 ppl, Carlo Ancoletti and Otto Rehhgadel
Exactly :thumb:

++ [ originally posted by neath_lad ] ++
i can see where he is coming from

He is coming from a party of heavy drinking.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
You are looking at this from the wrong prospective. Del Piero said it before and now Cannavaro as well. Why? simply because the media is going upside-down saying that Capello did everything. They are saying Capello brought back the scudetto to Turin, they are actually saying Juventus without Capello are rubbish. The players are responding and saying that it takes a team work, not only a coach, to win the title. Thats all.
They are not saying that Capello is bad, nor they are disrespecting Capello's work this season. Come on they are fed up from hearing that they are worth shit without Capello. We won many titles with Lippi, we won with trap and we are winning now with Capello.
Capello did a great job as a coach, but thats about it. The players did a fantastic job and going with his tactics and playing from their hearts and even giving more than what coach said (idividual brilliance).

Juventus won the scudetto thanks to Juventus from the president to the bus driver. Period.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
Juventus won the scudetto thanks to Juventus from the president to the bus driver. Period.
Do you think it was the same driver who drove the squad to matches, and drove the parade bus through Torino for the scudetto celebration? :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
You are looking at this from the wrong prospective. Del Piero said it before and now Cannavaro as well. Why? simply because the media is going upside-down saying that Capello did everything. They are saying Capello brought back the scudetto to Turin, they are actually saying Juventus without Capello are rubbish. The players are responding and saying that it takes a team work, not only a coach, to win the title. Thats all.
They are not saying that Capello is bad, nor they are disrespecting Capello's work this season. Come on they are fed up from hearing that they are worth shit without Capello. We won many titles with Lippi, we won with trap and we are winning now with Capello.
Capello did a great job as a coach, but thats about it. The players did a fantastic job and going with his tactics and playing from their hearts and even giving more than what coach said (idividual brilliance).

The coach can make the players perform.
The good coach can get more out of his players.

Then where and who said that the players worth shit without Capello?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Do you think it was the same driver who drove the squad to matches, and drove the parade bus through Torino for the scudetto celebration? :D

:LOL:

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

But in other times you say that Lippi is the greatest and can win titles, and then you say that Ancelotti is superb that plays modern football etc.
    I agreed with the Player thing, that they are more important, about Lippi and Capello thats his Opinion, But to me, Lippi is the greatest Coach Ever.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14

Not always Jeeks, We saw what Capello made with Montella, and many other examples, so it's not the Coach who's always getting the players Perform, It's up to the player aswell.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

Haven't you been reading the arcitles from the start of the season till now. All hailing Capello and not even mentioning a single effort done by the players. Even more, some of those ignorant articles menioned that Juventus are worthless without Capello.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I think they are the same dude. if not then both of them.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

Not always Jeeks, We saw what Capello made with Montella, and many other examples, so it's not the Coach who's always getting the players Perform, It's up to the player aswell.
    I agree..

It was always a mistory what was between Capello and Montella. I always liked Montella but was really disappointed that Capello didn't make use of him.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

Give me another example and I will give you 22, 11 from Greece and 11 from Porto.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Why does the media blow such comments out of proportion? All he's saying is the team played like a team and won the title on the pitch, not from where Capello sits on the bench. He's just reiterated something pretty straightforward: the coach can only do as much as mentor, manage and motivate players. He cant go out there and play for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)